The most boring type of photo to look at, for me, is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were trying to make a point by asking that question and trying to 'flip' roles - that being that, yes, traditionally liberals are perceived at being pro-gun control, but shouldn't they be for less gun control, given the literal sense of the term 'liberal'

Usually I try to keep topics on track, but here I want to throw in what I think may clarify for some. Democrats are not true liberals just as Republicans are not true conservatives. You'll find a LOT of these sorts of issues where it seems one side should be for it when they're against it. Gun control is the tip of the iceberg. There's other things like environmental policy (Democrats favor MORE restrictions on people), and foreign policy (once again, Democrats are more apt to restrict the US to working through the United Nations).

And when it comes to economic policy the tables are totally turned, as the Republicans favor the Chicago School, Milton Friedman-esque liberal economic policy (more laissez faire), where Democrats are strongly more apt to favor a Keynesian style of conservative policy (where the government has more control over the economy). The only true liberals are of the Libertarian party, which have a very small representation in Washington.

As far as guns, where I am (Arkansas) guns are a way of life. People collect them like other people collect baseball cards. I don't understand it, though.

And those gun photos get a lot more interesting, when some semi-nude blonde with too much makeup and fake breasts is holding said gun. I dislike the fact I like bimbo-looking girls as I'd like to think I have more taste than that, but unfortunately I do not. So I keep looking at them :)

... reminds me of that line from Ghostbusters ... "Dogs and Cats sleeping together ... real wrath of God stuff ..."

What about puppies and kittens in front of train wrecks?
That was an attempt to get the thread back in line of being a light humorous read, rather than the culture misinterpretation / rebuff, gun toting love affair and political quagmire it seemed to be heading towards.

... and some still refuse to lighten up. So now I have to include:

BUNNY RABBITS AND BABY CHICKENS

I don't want to have to go down the penguin / otter route..... but if forced.......

I don't want to have to go down the penguin / otter route..... but if forced.......
Y-y-you wouldn't!!!!!
083.gif

BUNNY RABBITS AND BABY CHICKENS

What about baby puppies, baby kittens, baby bunny rabbits,baby baby chickens, baby unicorns, and baby penguins, holding hands and dancing in front of a train wreck on top of a rainbow?:hugs: It would be beautiful and heart warming:grumpy:

Y-y-you wouldn't!!!!!
083.gif
Pssssst, Anty. It was just an idle threat. Never, never, never any otters........

........I mean penguins, yeah, that's right, penguins are the good ones.

What about baby puppies, baby kittens, baby bunny rabbits,baby baby chickens, baby unicorns, and baby penguins, holding hands and dancing in front of a train wreck on top of a rainbow?:hugs: It would be beautiful and heart warming:grumpy:
Oh no, that would be way over the top. Wouldn't want to come off seemingly as a sadist...... or is that a masochist........ no, I was right the first time..... a sadist. Plus, I would just :puke:.

Tough day in the office today.

:)scratch: - since when has saying "sorry" to someone been "bashing" that someone :scratch: ??? I don't get that one... *shrug* No need to discuss it, though, those who know me in person know that I hold NOTHING against Americans AT ALL).

I do! Americans are sissies and not enough of them own guns! :D

I'm a liberal hippy from taxachusetts and I totally oppose all things gun related. You'll find us in many parts of the US, especially areas like Maine, Vermont, some parts of Mass, and California, Seattle..

You would never find me living in a place that morally opposed my beliefs such as Texas :)

Then you don't pay any federal income tax? All that goes to paying the interest on gov. loans to buy guns - usually to kill brown people.

Whew! Finally made it to page 4... :p

I guess I'm just different. I don't find any specific kind of photography boring. Looking at too many shots of the same thing for too long becomes boring after a bit though. Looking at photography from talentless photographers becomes boring a little quicker than from someone who's talented.

I like some better than others (like ancient photographs from the early 1900's and late 1800's) but none of it is boring to me.

Pictures that failed to move human emotion are plain turn off, waste of time. We have two side of emotions, happiness and sadness. Where are the photos that make us smiles or sad? there are - but not many.

Few months back at the surgery I saw a photo in a magazine of an african woman standing with her little daughter in the front of their hut. They both face directly to the camera with no posing position whatsoever, stone cold look. The way they stand there as though because they were told to stand there. The expression that was captured in that photo was an outright gloomy expression. Than I read the story. She never married nor ever had/have any boyfriend, yet she bore a child as the result of rape by a government soldier. Now she have to work to feed herself and that child. There was no man around to help her struggle. She can't expect any man to come forward as a rape victim is also the untouchable.

I went to three cemeteries so far browsing every single tombstones. Those are one of the picture that invoke human emotion. Yet from those hundreds of graves in the grave yards I only took probably 20 photos.

Again, long time ago I saw a photo taken in Kashmir by an indian a freelance photographer in the film era. He captured an old fisherman rowening his tiny boat at the lake at sunset. Behind him was spectacular rainbow right above the hill. That photo was stunning and it was the kind of photo that inspires me to buy a camera. I still have not manage to produce even half of it in similarity, but maybe one day.

"Where are the photos that make us smiles or sad?"

Almost all the shots on this site make me smile. 60 to 80%. So for me, because I enjoy the life of even a hover-fly or a weed I am smiling all the time. The same is true for me walking down the street too - no camera. I don't need amplified or extreme drama either sad or happy to enjoy life or photos of life. I think that needing such intensities in order to feel might be a result of the desensitized state that watching television and movies leaves us in.

Then you don't pay any federal income tax? All that goes to paying the interest on gov. loans to buy guns - usually to kill brown people.

I don't follow you..??? Why wouldn't I pay federal income tax? I'm not sure I understand anything you said in this paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back