The Museum of Jurassic Technology

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Culver City, CA taken 2014, final? image 2019
The Museum of Jurassic Technology is actually more a cabinet of curiosities, with exhibits ranging from the real to the fantastic. An online search will be rewarding.

IMG_2793.jpeg

Here I thought you were just making up a clever name for a thread! Didn't expect it would be a real place. What a find.

What's inside, 8 track players? cassette playing Walkmans? spinning disco balls?

I knew it! Dogs in outer space, Viewmasters in the gift shop, even a little cyanotype kit. I can shop there... (I'm kidding around but it does look like an interesting place to visit.)

Here I thought you were just making up a clever name for a thread! Didn't expect it would be a real place. What a find.

What's inside, 8 track players? cassette playing Walkmans? spinning disco balls?

It's Cali, shouldn't be too much of a surprise, lol!

Nice pic, I'll check out that site later, (it sounds interesting) I'm going for a motorcycle ride here in a few.

Displays of a Rolodex and old machines? It would be interesting to visit. Looks like cell phones are prohibited even texting.

wow surprise to see this.. hope you visit inside for more photos

I was expecting to see Jesus riding a T-Rex...

What kind of things do they have there?

As I said before, I looked at their site and it was pretty interesting. They had an exhibit 'Garden of Eden on Wheels', a collection from trailer parks and mobile homes. And one about dogs sent to outer space (and yes they all arrived back home.) I think the name is tongue in cheek; it looks like a fun place to visit!

From a photography viewpoint they had one on floral stereoradiographs, those are pretty cool!

Most reactions

Back