The National Geographic Society picked up my photo

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few days ago I captured the aurora borealis in St. Laurent, Manitoba. After posting one of the photos on a couple forums and Flickr, I was contacted by someone from the National Geographic Society. They were asking for permission to use the image in a photo feature on the increase of northern light activity these past few days.

Initially I thought it was a joke/scam, but after a quick research of the guy's name I understood that it was legit. After a brief email exchange, they ended up using a different image from that photoshoot, shown below:

p528112770-4.jpg

The site: Daily Nature and Science News and Headlines | National Geographic News

My photo: Pictures: Huge Solar Storm Triggers Unusual Auroras

The other photo was picked up by the Winnipeg Sun, but nothing really can compare to being published by NatGeo.

Thanks for taking a look!

Awesome! Congrats!

Phew big congrats Invisible!!

how much?

It's Nat Geo = one of the few times when exposure outweighs most payment deals! Heck people go to massive lengths just to get their attention let alone get printed/published!

Good for you........ It's a great shot.......:thumbup:

Wow, that is really something!
But the photo sure deserves it, too. As do you! NatGeo ... ¡qué cool!

Extremely proud for you dude. Well deserved after all these years of seeing great images from you. Your humility deserves a break........ do a dance man!

:thumbsup:

Thank you very much, everybody!!

how much?

It's Nat Geo = one of the few times when exposure outweighs most payment deals! Heck people go to massive lengths just to get their attention let alone get printed/published!
Congratulations! Payment? Irrelevant. National Geographic? SCORE!!!
You guys hit the nail right on the head. I have nothing to complain about. I would've paid to get a photo published on NatGeo! I just feel proud of the way it happened (they reached out to me!).

Wow, that is really something!
But the photo sure deserves it, too. As do you! NatGeo ... ¡qué cool!
¡Gracias, Corinna!

Extremely proud for you dude. Well deserved after all these years of seeing great images from you. Your humility deserves a break........ do a dance man!
Thanks much, man! I've been dancing naked since about 3pm, when I learned the news (I was at work at the time :)).

What a great shot. I have always wanted to see and shoot the Aurora Borealis. Congrats on getting picked up as well, thats very cool indeed!

Yeah.. you are right.. I would be happy if they did not pay me anything... I was just wondering! LOL. They should pay you though. That is not right. Maybe ask if they can put your zenfolio website on there? But putting your name should be good enough. Maybe readers will go to your website and buy prints. You better have those photos ready when they publish it.

Most reactions

Back