The one day it rained in Wyoming

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It figures that the one day I have to shoot happens to be the one day it rains here in Southwest Wyoming. It almost never rains here. But, I tried to make the best of it. These shots don't have a very interesting sky. It was raining while I was shooting, and there was a lot of misty haze in the background. These were all shot from my car, because I had my 2 year old with me and I didn't want to leave him alone. They aren't the best, and I'm not uploading the full resolution. ANYWAY... all excuses aside, here are my pics.
$20130728-IMG_5609-1.jpg$20130728-IMG_5615-2.jpg

Actually, I think they're both pretty good! I really like the whole subdued effect in #1, and in #2, that poor heifer... she's just got a "What the **** is going on here?" look on her face. I think #1 would do really well as a large pano above a chesterfield in a livingroom. Well shot!

Thanks! The first one is cropped to a fake pano. It was ok as shot, but I thought worked better with this crop. Its a picture of Boars Tusk, taken along county "road" 17. Its a dirt road. The second one is taken just a few miles down the road. The heifer had a calf, so she was definitely eye-balling me.

I challenged Amanda to provide me with a photograph that says "THIS is Wyoming" because she was having difficulty in finding things to shoot there. I personally think that she did an admirable job with that first shot. The composition, the soft and diffused light, and the panoramic crop give it a wide open feeling that can only be found in the western USA and it does say Wyoming to me.

Well done!

Most reactions

Back