The one that started it all!

I no longer have the picture; I don't think I do, anyway.

1976: I was 14, and was on a 10 day backpacking trip at the Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimarron, New Mexico. I had a Kodak 110 Instamatic, and took a picture of the sunset over a ridge. My Mom had a 5x7" made of it, and that photo hung on the wall of my bedroom for years.

I really do wish I knew where it was now, but there's no question that, when I saw that photo, I was hooked...

Ha, it was this whole trip, but these two are my favorites. Shot with my iPhone 4s

Attachments

• $image-4107275489.jpg
    $image-4107275489.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 124
  • $image-3042811672.jpg
    $image-3042811672.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 119
I started because my wife had a baby and became a bit 'I'm fat and ugly' and I figured a bit of creative lighting and a dslr would cheer her up about how she looked. This was the first time I took a shot of her, and discovered she was pretty photogenic.

View attachment 41014

Shes super pretty and I love the lighting :)

I really LOVE all of those pictures you guys put up. It inspires me! I love the poloroids, the Niagara falls, the barn, the gas station, ect. :) Wonderful!

My first shot with my first hand me down camera
May 9, 2009
Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
Probably the Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko ED
Looks like I used the bizarro pup-up flash in "bounce" mode

$8623827405_261eb08a06_b.jpg

My first picture was taken in 1995. Well, the first I remember. If I was anything like my kid, I'd taken pictures on my mom's camera before that, though she would have been more careful about me wasting film... The pictures from my first camera are mixed in with pictures my parents took. The envelopes would be labeled according to whose camera the film came from, though. Maybe I can find them some time. I'm sure they're awful, between the fact I was five and how awful the camera was. :p My mom couldn't get decent shots with it and the stuff she took on her camera turned out fine. The camera was something like this, though I think this one's slightly newer. It's a 110. The viewer was so oddly placed that it was almost impossible to properly frame what you wanted.

ETA: Here are a couple of my first DIGITAL shots in 2003. My dad got my mom a digital camera, right before a big trip we were going on. I ended up taking most of the pictures on the trip and borrowed the camera constantly, until she upgraded and passed it down to me. :p

This one is from the trip, a guy in my youth group (I have sooo many pictures of people playing various instruments from my teen years):

And, my dog and a friend's dog:

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't have any pics that made me want to be a photographer. No good pic yet either :(

Most reactions

Back