The only good mouse is a dead mouse!!!!!

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have got a bit of a mouse problem and I can't take the parranoia any longer. I find daily evidence of these unwanted tennants.

Does anyone have any tips on how to evict these nasty critters???

A couple things though, I have two yound kids and a dog so I'm not too hip on using poison.

Mouse traps with peanut butter for bait always works if you can put the traps where your kids won't get to them.

If you know where they are coming in, try plugging the hole with steel wool. Also try laying Bounty softener sheets around, for some reason they hate it... plus they make the house smell nice. :)

Ok, I hadn't heard the dryer sheets idea, I'll give that a try.
I set out 4 glue traps in hotspots with known activity several days ago and no mouse yet.
This morning I set up a tunnel type trap with peanut butter in it, I've been wondering if I will have a new "pet" when I get home.
I feel like my house is infested and I read online today that a happy couple can produce 100 offspring in a year, I about had a melt down. These creeps are reproducing at a stealth rate!!!!

I could recomend adding a feline pet to the mix - that might solve your mouse problem. I don't recomend a husky though - as good a hunter as they rae they just can't get under/into things the same way a cat can....

You can get humane mouse traps that don't kill the poor things. Traps that kill are messy and dead mice smell worse than live ones.
I used to live in an old house and we had a mouse problem. I used a couple of these baited with cheese and they work.
[link removed by request of site owner]
Just remember to release the mice at least a mile away or they will race you back to the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Cheers for the link. I happen to be in the midst of a rodent problem myself.... colder outside, warm inside.

So I got home from work and no mouse in the trap???? They are here, I can hear them in the walls!

I did think about borrowing a cat from someone for a few weeks but that will be a last ditch effort to remedy my problem. Remember there is already a 2 year old boxer that lives here and I wouldn't want the cat/dog introduction to go the wrong way.

So far I have executed my attacks in a humane manor, glue traps and a live catch trap, no luck though.

This is going to end up getting real interesting if something doesn't give. I found a website that gave a few ideas. One in particular was to take a 5 gallon bucket and fill about 6 inches of water, then tape together several empty paper towel roll tubes together. Then attach the paper towel tube to the bucket, put a bunch of peanut butter in the tube to lure the mice up the tube. Once they reach the top they drop into the bucket and can't climb out. They would eventually drown. I think I could get the same results without drowning them, I will just have to catch them in an empty bucket and release.

I could recomend adding a feline pet to the mix - that might solve your mouse problem. I don't recomend a husky though - as good a hunter as they rae they just can't get under/into things the same way a cat can....

:lol: Yeah I don't recommend Boxers either, mine just watched a mouse run across a room. She didn't even bother to get up!

Mouse traps with peanut butter for bait always works if you can put the traps where your kids won't get to them.

If you know where they are coming in, try plugging the hole with steel wool. Also try laying Bounty softener sheets around, for some reason they hate it... plus they make the house smell nice. :)

This but make sure the peanut butter is hard when you set the trap out. Some people over look that part and it really makes a difference as bad as that may sound.

I have to second the cat suggestion. I had mice once, and got the humane traps. Then I found mouse poop ON the traps... So then I went and got the inhumane ones... :) But still didn't solve anything. I got my kitty from a shelter when she was one month and weighed 1lb (!), not really expecting she would wrestle any beasts, but surprisingly all the mice disappeared the moment I brought her home. I think the smell of cat alone might be enough to chase them away? Now she is a big scary but lazy monster... I have no mice, so by faulty reasoning she could claim she is doing her job... :)
Here is my cat, for fun: man-eating beast - a set on Flickr
Your results may vary... :)

:lol: Yeah I don't recommend Boxers either, mine just watched a mouse run across a room. She didn't even bother to get up!

:lmao::lmao:

Get a Dachshund, it'll do the job!

I'm surprised no one has suggested this solution yet ...

_MG_6097.jpg

No offense but I would have more of a problem with the snake on the loose than a mouse. That just made me shiver to look at that picture.

Points for creativity though! :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back