The Outlook

mGeller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3611695003_e547bef505_b.jpg

D40 with kit lens, f/5.6, 1/320s, ISO800

I blew out the forest that he is looking at for effect, but do you think it was effective? I am still kind of on the line as to if or if not I like it.

C&C please.

With the title being "The Outlook" I think it would have been better if he were looking out at a clear view rather than a bunch of trees (on a cliff for example). Unless I'm mistaken and he already is standing on a cliff looking out at a forest? It's a bit difficult to tell with the trees and branches all blending together. But if that is what this is a picture of.. I think it would have been a lot better in colour because you would be able to differentiate better between the forest and the branches above him. Just my opinion :).

In other words.. I just think this particular shot needs some colour.

With the title being "The Outlook" I think it would have been better if he were looking out at a clear view rather than a bunch of trees (on a cliff for example). Unless I'm mistaken and he already is standing on a cliff looking out at a forest? It's a bit difficult to tell with the trees and branches all blending together. But if that is what this is a picture of.. I think it would have been a lot better in colour because you would be able to differentiate better between the forest and the branches above him. Just my opinion :).

In other words.. I just think this particular shot needs some colour.

Thanks for the input, but I honestly couldn't disagree with you more. The black and white was quite a strategic move. I purposely created this effect of things blending together to achieve interesting textures with what was not the focal point.

Also, color seems to ruin this photo. There are two colors present in the original, the blue of his shirt and the monotonous green of the forest. I had no interest in just the two colors. When I have the time, I think i will play with the levels of the photo to get the foreground a little bit more separated from the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back