What's new

The Paranormal

Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
4,173
Reaction score
2,551
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was shooting an event a few days ago at an old farm house where my client had been raised. I shot this image of her father's old re-finished Chevy. I had given the clients their CD and they called me the next day. She was excited, a bit frantic, and called me this morning and said "look at this picture, do you see the face. The outline of the little girl?" I hadn't noticed it before. But I didn't think it was a big deal.


Oddly enough, they have an old picture taken many decades ago where the same outline appears in a window at the same farm house. The old picture is a family portrait in black and white. The same outline appears in a window behind them. It's pretty distinct and looks quite similar to this shot. A bit spooky.

Weird, huh?


The Paranormal by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr
 
its interesting, but the brain likes to make faces out of unfamiliar shapes, i forgot what its called, i believe its called pareidolia or something like that
 
iPhoto17 said:
its interesting, but the brain likes to make faces out of unfamiliar shapes, i forgot what its called, i believe its called pareidolia or something like that

Yeah..Soon as I get a scan of the other pic I will upload here
 
Wow! I love this! I'd love to see the other as well. It really does look like a little girl in a dress.
 
That is very cool! I'd definitely love to see the other picture.

I tend to be a skeptic and very logical, so I always think that there is some logical explanation to "inexplicable" things like that.
However, I also have a vivid imagination, so very often, I'd just as soon not KNOW the "logical" explanation--it's more fun to imagine the possibilities!

Plus, I have a "ghost story" or two of my own that makes me hesitant to completely discredit that eerie, supernatural stuff.

When I was a little kid, we lived in a great big house in a little town in upper East TN. The woman who actually owned the house refused to live there, because she believed it was haunted. I didn't know that at the time, however, so that couldn't have influenced me.
I had never had any kind of sleeping problems before, never walked in my sleep or anything like that--but after we moved into that house, EVERY morning, my mother would find me, sound asleep, with my blanket on top of me...UNDER my bed!
We lived there about three years, and for three years, every morning, I could be found underneath my bed. After we moved, it never happened again.
We later found some information on the house, and according to local tradition, two old spinster sisters had lived there. When one sister died, the other sister became so distraught that she locked herself in the upstairs portion of the house and threw out the key, then went into her bedroom and stayed there until she died of dehydration/starvation. Her bedroom was the one I slept in for three years. Kinda creepy, huh?? :D

Also--shortly after we moved in, we were sliding down this big dirt hill at the side of the house. There was a church next door to us, and they had excavated part of the hill to expand their parking lot. While we were sliding down the hill, my sister found an old-fashioned skeleton key. Again, we had NO idea of the story surrounding the house, but it was certainly very much like the sort of key that they might have used at the time that the spinster sister locked herself upstairs and threw the key out the window...

<insert spooky "twilight-zonesque" noises here>
 
OOOOoooooooOOOOOO that looks creepy!

my dad actually got a video of a small orb where ghosts are supposedly manifest from.
 
That is very cool! I'd definitely love to see the other picture.

I tend to be a skeptic and very logical, so I always think that there is some logical explanation to "inexplicable" things like that.
However, I also have a vivid imagination, so very often, I'd just as soon not KNOW the "logical" explanation--it's more fun to imagine the possibilities!

Plus, I have a "ghost story" or two of my own that makes me hesitant to completely discredit that eerie, supernatural stuff.

When I was a little kid, we lived in a great big house in a little town in upper East TN. The woman who actually owned the house refused to live there, because she believed it was haunted. I didn't know that at the time, however, so that couldn't have influenced me.
I had never had any kind of sleeping problems before, never walked in my sleep or anything like that--but after we moved into that house, EVERY morning, my mother would find me, sound asleep, with my blanket on top of me...UNDER my bed!
We lived there about three years, and for three years, every morning, I could be found underneath my bed. After we moved, it never happened again.
We later found some information on the house, and according to local tradition, two old spinster sisters had lived there. When one sister died, the other sister became so distraught that she locked herself in the upstairs portion of the house and threw out the key, then went into her bedroom and stayed there until she died of dehydration/starvation. Her bedroom was the one I slept in for three years. Kinda creepy, huh?? :D

Also--shortly after we moved in, we were sliding down this big dirt hill at the side of the house. There was a church next door to us, and they had excavated part of the hill to expand their parking lot. While we were sliding down the hill, my sister found an old-fashioned skeleton key. Again, we had NO idea of the story surrounding the house, but it was certainly very much like the sort of key that they might have used at the time that the spinster sister locked herself upstairs and threw the key out the window...

<insert spooky "twilight-zonesque" noises here>


Wow! That's extremely strange. thanks for sharing that.
 
Crap! Can't sleep now :(

That looks scary 0_0
 
spooky image but that aside I love the photo it cant wait to see the other photos of her
 
That is very cool! I'd definitely love to see the other picture.

I tend to be a skeptic and very logical, so I always think that there is some logical explanation to "inexplicable" things like that.
However, I also have a vivid imagination, so very often, I'd just as soon not KNOW the "logical" explanation--it's more fun to imagine the possibilities!

Plus, I have a "ghost story" or two of my own that makes me hesitant to completely discredit that eerie, supernatural stuff.

When I was a little kid, we lived in a great big house in a little town in upper East TN. The woman who actually owned the house refused to live there, because she believed it was haunted. I didn't know that at the time, however, so that couldn't have influenced me.
I had never had any kind of sleeping problems before, never walked in my sleep or anything like that--but after we moved into that house, EVERY morning, my mother would find me, sound asleep, with my blanket on top of me...UNDER my bed!
We lived there about three years, and for three years, every morning, I could be found underneath my bed. After we moved, it never happened again.
We later found some information on the house, and according to local tradition, two old spinster sisters had lived there. When one sister died, the other sister became so distraught that she locked herself in the upstairs portion of the house and threw out the key, then went into her bedroom and stayed there until she died of dehydration/starvation. Her bedroom was the one I slept in for three years. Kinda creepy, huh?? :D

Also--shortly after we moved in, we were sliding down this big dirt hill at the side of the house. There was a church next door to us, and they had excavated part of the hill to expand their parking lot. While we were sliding down the hill, my sister found an old-fashioned skeleton key. Again, we had NO idea of the story surrounding the house, but it was certainly very much like the sort of key that they might have used at the time that the spinster sister locked herself upstairs and threw the key out the window...

<insert spooky "twilight-zonesque" noises here>


Wow! That's extremely strange. thanks for sharing that.

Yea, between sm4him's story and rotanimods photo, I'm way creeped out. Looks like I'll be putting the shining into the DVD player tonight.
 
That's messed up!! I'd have to move...lol
 
Why can't you go there and check the facing glass to see any resembling pattern of dust is there or not? Of course i leave such subjects always open for later conclusions ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom