The past week

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally a nice fall weather pattern has arrived. Lots of fun stuff going on. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

1 This Royal tern which is somewhat rare-ish for CT was banded in 1996 in Maryland when it was born. Pretty cool, 20 years old..
Banded Royal Tern 9_22 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 Lots of Egret action lately
Snowy Egret 9_22 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Great Egret 9_26 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 A few Osprey still around. Not sure if an idiot shot this one with a paintball gun?
Osprey - Shadows and Light 9_22 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Back-Lit Osprey Shake 9_25 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

6 Guest Appearance from George Jr.
George Jr 9_23 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

George Jr. 9_23 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

8 Saw my grey ghost of the season today.. Pretty far away.. Oh well
Grey Ghost Northern Harrier 9_26 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

9 And last, but not least this Belted Kingfisher seems to have his body on upside down..
Belted Kingfisher 9_26 Upside down body by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Awesome set is george jr a dark morph red tail
Thanks! No if he was he would have a brown body and chest also. The red tails here normally get pretty dark heads when they are adults. The juveniles are still much lighter colored..

Awesome set is george jr a dark morph red tail
Thanks! No if he was he would have a brown body and chest also. The red tails here normally get pretty dark heads when they are adults. The juveniles are still much lighter colored..
Then i think we might be seeing light morph red tails up here all ours up here even the adults are much edit lighter

Last edited:
Excellent set, as always.

I love the guy in #1, he has a nice hair doo! LOL 20 years is a long time to survive the wild as a small bird, and them to have you find him.:)

Great set!

Wow, awesome.

Great set! Awesome Kingfisher!

Kingfisher, tern...tern, kingfisher...oh man, what a set! Can't decide which I like best! Kingfisher, tern...tern, kingfisher...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back