The Pentax K-1 is an awesome camera

Kjar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I might just drop a thread about how awesome this new camera is. It's been enduring the weather and nailing the shot. I've had it for a few months now and I have gotten over the 'buyers remorse' for not going with a more streamlined camera like the D810 (or what not).
CampingTrip-1.jpg

Pentax K-1 with 15-30 f/2.8 & battery grip

I'm old, I guess. To me, the retro-inspired looks of the K-1 are beautiful, absolutely beautiful. It looks like a camera, not a consumer electronics "thing"! Got any shots of it in the rain, or not in the rain, but showing the front view of the camera?

I've not heard much about this new FF Pentax from actual owners. Would love to hear any impressions you have of it.

I don't have any other rainy photos of the camera. I can give some of my impressions, though.
My style of photography is throw my camera in a backpack and go. I don't like having to worry about fragile electronics getting wet or hitting a hard surface and breaking. This camera is a TANK. Solid build quality and feels great. Same for the lens. The controls on the top are great, easy to access and quick to adjust. The LCD screen is amazing for getting those awkward shots.
I have yet to run into any problems with it, let alone even have a complaint.
And talking about the aesthetics- I love the way it looks. This camera is an upgrade from my Olympus EM5 Mk2 which also has a bit of a retro look. The K-1 doesn't shout new or gimmicky, nor does it shout old and outdated. It just seems right.
I can answer any questions that you or others may have. Cheers!
dadasd-1.jpg

Lets see some pics with the data! Curious too

Let's see...solidly built, rugged and tank-like, reliable as death or taxes, beautiful to look at, great glass and excellent image quality....yeah, all sounds like business as usual for Pentax :)

Before and after. Amazing how much I was able to pull out of the shadows. Stellar image quality.
Capture.PNG

Tree2-14.jpg

ISO 800, 30mm, f/2.8, 1/8 sec. Shot right after sunset handheld.

I had the Pentax K-3 and with out a doubt was/is one heck of a camera that with stood well below freezing temps and didn't not miss a beat, just a well made rugged camera with unbelievable weather sealing at its price point.If It wasn't for third party lens support for long lenses, I probably still be shooting with it. Thats a great looking rig, I bet it's built like a Sherman tank.

I was very interested in the K-1 when I saw its sensor stats and price. It has to be one of the best Deals for full frame DSLR's. If I could afford 2 systems I would have definitely tried it. First DSLR I ever used was my dad's Pentax ME Super. Always cheered for Pentax. I have a Pentax rifle scope that was also an excellent deal for what it is.

I don't like having to worry about fragile electronics getting wet or hitting a hard surface and breaking

One of the things that has kept me with Pentax over the years. Went with a K3 II last year and have no regrets. Once I learned how to take advantage of all the features it offered, it became a joy to work with. The K1 has been on my radar since it was released and hope to add it before the end of the year. Just need to figure out how to spin it to the wife.

Ever since my infatuation with the K-1000 back in the 1970s I've pulled for pentax even tho I don't own one. If camera lens mounts were generically interchangeable, I'd consider getting one!

Ever since my infatuation with the K-1000 back in the 1970s I've pulled for pentax even tho I don't own one. If camera lens mounts were generically interchangeable, I'd consider getting one!
They are...k mount. Insane amount of lenses. The K1 is k mount right?

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

They are...k mount. Insane amount of lenses. The K1 is k mount right?

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
No- I'm saying I can't plug my nikon glass into a pentax k1, which is the issue. Manufacturers (for good business reasons) make their mounts proprietary.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back