the photo bug bit me!

urameatball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lawrenceramps.com
OMG, I spend all my free time looking for photography sites and looking around for photography merchandise I can buy.

I just started to take photography as a hobby a month ago and already I've bought:
softbox + strobe
umbrella + strobe
canon 10D
canon EF 50mm f1.8 (which is EXCELLENT for it's price)
canon EF 28mm f2.8 (just paid for it, being shipped)
512MB compact flash

upcoming purchases:
EX550 flash
MORE COMPACT FLASH MEMORY!
many many books on photography
more glass, lots more glass!

this coming from a guy who would rather walk 10km than take the bus for $2.00

HELP ME QUIT PLEASE!

You know i just took it up about a month ago too. I had bought a Maxxum 7000 & 3xi about 3 years ago, and just never used them. I am not impressed with the pictures from my 7000, maybe its just a lame unit. Put the lense on my 3xi and it takes great pictures.

Anyway, i wanted something i liked that was also fully manual, so i looked at Digital (10D) and film.... My girlfriend told me she was going to leave me if i bought a 1500 dollar camera on a whim, so i looked at a Maxxum 9xi (Cool Camera). Its alittle older and cheaper then the Maxxum 9. However with the cost of film and developing i figured i might wanna get a scanner and just develop negatives. That meant the 9xi was also too expensive :cry: So i started looking for a manual focus that i could grow with. I want motor drive capabilities so i finally after 2 tons of deliberation settled on a Canon AE-1. That was supposed to be cheaper, however as i surfed E-Bay looking for great deals, i placed bids on 3 AE-1 cameras (these are full setups) i figured i might get lucky and score 1 of them for my max bid of 100 dollars. Well to make a long story short, i now have 3 AE-1 camera's on the way at a combined price of 280 dollars..... Opps LOL
However, now i guess i have a backup and some extra cool lenses. Maybe (i am hoping) that i can get my girlfriend involved so she can use my final Canon body. But i think i will have to pry her Olympus OM-1 out of her hands first :( .

Anyways, i too got alittle over zealous and bought way more then i need. Damn e-Bay! LOL

i dont know Havov

it may take u a while to pry that Olympus out of her hands :p .... my hubby's got a 10D sitting over here, at my disposal, and i've only used it once over a month ago ... dont feel the need... i love my Olympus :love:

manda said:
lol
takes it up and goes and buys a 10D off the bat :lol:

i wouldnt know what to do with all that stuff!
Well I've spent countless hours browsing the web for photography information so right when I got the 10D, the functions were like second nature.
Of course, I doubt I'm anywhere as good as the pros... a lot of my pictures come out with the wrong exposure and I'm not good in low light or very high contrast situations (like bright high reflective background with dull dark object).

Yeah the Olympus OM-1 is pretty nice, she even said i could use it whenever i wanted LOL.... But i had to have my own camera, now i got 3.

I settled on the Canon because of the nice aftermarket accessories for it, Olypus has aftermarket good too, but not as many :p. Just playing around with the Olypus says its nice, my Canon(s) better be just as good Dammit! LOL

I did NOT!!!!!

Slander I tell you, pure unadulterated slander of the foulest sort. To even suggest such a thing... HMPHH!!! :wink:

Ah, you can never have too many photography toys. Ever. It's a rule. Well, it oughta be a rule. Screw it, I just made it a rule.

Rule #1- You can never have too many photography toys.
Rule #2- See Rule #1

:lol:
Jim

photobug said:
I did NOT!!!!!

Slander I tell you, pure unadulterated slander of the foulest sort. To even suggest such a thing... HMPHH!!! :wink:

Ah, you can never have too many photography toys. Ever. It's a rule. Well, it oughta be a rule. Screw it, I just made it a rule.

Rule #1- You can never have too many photography toys.
Rule #2- See Rule #1

:lol:
Jim
imma gunna getcha :D

Rule #1 You do NOT talk about thephotoforum
Rule #2 You do NOT talk about thephotoforum

:D

I agree with Jim. With that rule, your wants list will ALWAYS outnumber what you have.... unless you win the lotto and spend it all on photo stuff.

imma gunna getcha

I couldn't help it. The Devil made me do it! :shock:

And I got that Lotto thing covered, if I can just get that stupid computer to cooperate! $43 mil should keep me in camera goodies for a week or two...

Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back