The Prairie Dog Express steam train, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (C&C)

Olympus E300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fsharpphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SO this past summer I rented the caboose on the end of an old stream train for my wife's 43rd birthday. We had a wonderful time and my young children in particular enjoyed themselves. I of course brought my camera with me and couldn't wait to get some photos onto my card. Months later (that was September of 2012) I have finally gotten around to looking through these images and from the lot, I chose this one to edit and finish off. It was hard to take photos of the train itself as there were people everywhere and really crowded the lens. As it is, I had to remove some random people from this image.

In any event, I'd like some C&C for this shot. It's my 1st attempt ever at sepia. It was shot in color, however, I edited to what you see here. Let me have it - don't hold back. I'm a big boy...I can only learn from some constructive critisism.

Thanks folks! Cheers!!
- Daniel

Not bad at all. The contrast is a little high though; I might consider trying some selective exposure adjustments to reduce the highlights & bright areas a little and bring some detail out of the shadows. Is this old CP power?

I don't know if the Prairie Dog Express was ever owned by CP or not. It is quite possible that it was. I know that the CN (Canadian Nation) rail yard is currently responsible for doing the repairs (or at least they used to as recent as a few years ago). I believe they do it free of charge as a charity thing. The train itself and the rail in which it runs on is all privately owned these days. Its a volunteer train museum of sorts. It really is a wonderful experience.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back