The Randomness of Life

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$9323507786_a981f6c7f3_o.jpg

Is it a bush?

Ok.. photo is having trouble loading on my phone.. but now that someone has asked "Is it a bush?" I'm gonna have to take the time to look on the computer. :lmao:

Great title! I can see it as one of those yin/yang images where you're not sure whether to look at the dark part or the light part. If this is what you were after, I'd make the light and dark more nearly equal by cropping on the right.

You don't get life? Eh? You're driving down the street and the wheel from a 747 which detached 15 seconds earlier on takeoff squishes the car in front of you...so, why them and not you? What are the odds? Is there a pattern to all this, or...is life just a series of random branches from a central vine, each trying to maintain some sort of semblance to those around it, but in the end, just trying to survive; trying to find that one foothold which will keep it from destroying the root or itself; it's an interesting thought, eh?

Me, I see it all as random tendrils which eventually conform to a standard simply for the sake of survival. In this instance, should a tendril go astray, there's a man with a pair of clippers who will ensure conformity...and don't you think these guys don't know this?

I'd hate to think that in my life, I'd have to have every photograph slap me full front on to make sense. I'd like to think that while I would really not like to get clipped, I'd still have the want to at least think in an abstract manner.

I'm not sure I get that much out of the shot, but I like it. Nice lines, nice transition. My only little comments would be to move things just slightly left to get it as close to even thirds as possible (I know it doesn't fit the random idea, but it bugs me personally), and play with the processing to see if I could push it just a little more extreme.

I thought it was a metaphor for the young leaving the nest looking for greener pastures (or in this case, a sunnier wall). On a purely stylistic level, rotating the frame slightly to create a clearer diagonal may have echoed the yin/yang effect of the foilage.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back