iloveyoubeautiful89
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- May 1, 2012
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 1
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I can see why you wouldn't like it, but it speaks to me personally.
I suggest you stop listening because it's wrong.
There are a lot of people out there who do like strange post processed images. I, and clearly Traveler here, are not among them. But that doesn't mean that there isn't an audience for it. However, from what I've been able to gather, most of those who like this kind of things tend to like them in online medium only, meaning that if you plan or aspire to be professional I would seriously steer clear of these kinds of edits.
Acceptable edits like this would be sepia toning and converting to bw/greyscale imo, otherwise, its all just fun and internet worthy.
I'm more of a lurker, but I had to reply to this. This is a laughably unsubstantiated comment. There are many notable, professional travel photographers who use far more post processing techniques than what your narrow definition encompasses. It's fine if you don't like heavily edited images, but don't propagate misinformation about what people can and can't do if they have professional aspirations by telling them that certain types of pp are only 'internet worthy.' To me, the best photographers are the ones who can recreate their visions in a pleasing and unique fashion, whether or not it is 100% true to the actual scenery and many people think similarly.
