The Real Happy Cows

notsue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, I took these today on my way to the grocery store. I ended up with 6 I liked out of 43. I'm sure they will bore you, but go ahead and lemme know what I'm doing wrong, oh and positive comments are welcomed too. :)
Picked 2 of the 6 to post.
cows1s.jpg

cows4s.jpg

Heh don't let the numbers get you down, infact seeing fewer shots meet your standard is a good thing since it means that your being critical with your work right from the start of getting them on the computer. Keep at it and just remember that everyone else typically ends up with the same - loads of rubbish and a mear handfull of proper keepers :)

As for the shots you have here, I'm really tempted to say crop the right hand side off both. You've got a great family (sort of) pose going on in the first shot, with the yellowy cow giving you a great stance! Whilst he is looking at you and the viewer the cow on the far right though, to my eyes, is more of a distraction since the strong stance of the yellow cow is not inviting the viewer to look to the right of the screen - yet the cow there draws us to do so by force. Crop him away.

It's a similar, but stronger, feeling that I get from the second shot, again a great pose, but there is that blob of an out of focus cow in that righthand side that I just feel is again drawing us away from where we wantto and should be looking.

Just my view on things - keep shooting

cows4s2.jpg

I kinda liked the cow coming over the hill, but I understand the distraction.
What was interesting to me was that when I pulled up there were only 10 cows feeding near by, but I got out and walked up to the fence and they started moo'in and a herd of like 20+ cows appeared from the other side of the hill and soon they were all right in front of me. They all were staring at me, like waiting for me to pull some straw out of my pocket or whatever it is cows love.

and happy cows come from California!

Not my kinda of photography that I enjoy but showing that you took 43 images means your enjoyment for this hobby is huge and you have fun with that. Nothing wrong with that!

I like cows, I thought they'd make for good practice. They love to stand still for long periods of time.
I'm so sick of the California cow commercials. I was born in Cali and lived there for 25 years, I've been an over the road truck driver and I know that the real happy cows are in Texas.

I think that they are a bit underexposed and there is little detail, especially in the black calf and the shadow areas...
It looks like they were shot at about mid-day, so lighting is too flat and fill flash should have been used...

I think that they are a bit underexposed and there is little detail, especially in the black calf and the shadow areas...
It looks like they were shot at about mid-day, so lighting is too flat and fill flash should have been used...

I like the picture but I agree with Larry, to me the colors look washed out and the pictures reminds me of an old camera from 1989-1991 photos.

Other than that :thumbup: for cows

Some of the pictures turned out blue, it prolly was around 11am, that was the earliest I could get away from the kids.
I found the black cows hard to picture, I dunno what a fill flash is and if it helps things as far away as these cows were.
The grass didnt seem very green to me in the pictures, but it wasnt very green outside the picture either. I thought the sun was behind me to my left, but them shadows on the cows seem to say otherwise. I wanted to get the cows on the otherside of the road, but the sun was over there.

Some of the pictures turned out blue, it prolly was around 11am, that was the earliest I could get away from the kids.
I found the black cows hard to picture, I dunno what a fill flash is and if it helps things as far away as these cows were.
The grass didnt seem very green to me in the pictures, but it wasnt very green outside the picture either. I thought the sun was behind me to my left, but them shadows on the cows seem to say otherwise. I wanted to get the cows on the otherside of the road, but the sun was over there.

Texas Heat, & haze

Second is the better of the 2. Talk about a happy cow owner is the one I just saw on the news selling for 1.2 million dollars it's a "show cow" what a deal haha

I love the stance of the cows on the first picture.

The shadow from the brown cow is distracting the look of the black calf.

The colors look a bit washed out but I'm having the same trouble recently. For me, I think it was user issues :p

Most reactions

Back