My favorite thing about spring is seeing the growth of new life in plants. I still find whats left over from winter though, and its equally as beautiful.
Great shot! My only recommendation would maybe be a tad more DOF. The subject is lost a small amount against the rest of the flowers that are OOF, it would also have allowed you to pick up even more of those small details in the rocks.
Great shot! My only recommendation would maybe be a tad more DOF. The subject is lost a small amount against the rest of the flowers that are OOF, it would also have allowed you to pick up even more of those small details in the rocks.
heh I wish I could have shot it with a higher DOF. This was shot at approx 275mm on a 1.6x crop sensor...so about 440mm, and I was probably about 4 inches away. The lighting was just before the sun was no longer visible, I couldnt get my tripod close in enough since I dont have macro rails, so I had to hand hold it. Meaning I needed a faster shutter speed, so I had to open up my aperture. I shot this at like f4.
The setup is so weird at that aperture its almost impossible to get critical focus, only acceptable focus.