Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The river at one of my favourite spots, the old mill, as it looks these days:

MhleWmme_Jan07_02.jpg

MhleWmme_Jan07_01.jpg

MhleWmme_Jan07_03.jpg

We had "a bit of rain" of late ... :roll:

Yes, I know. The sights are nowhere as spectacular as mountain views or waterfalls or anything that includes the sun ... but that is how things are round here these days.
Inspiring, huh?

My goodness! I can't believe no one commented on this. When I read your post in the inspiration thread I had to go check your images out - especially because of how diligent and kind you are to commenting on the rest of our threads :)

I truly believe that the only reason this thread doesn't have more comments is because it was posted while the majority of the forum was getting its beauty sleep.

The one thing I always love about your images is I feel like I am getting a scenic tour and learning something new everytime. In Canada we rarely have those older buildings (seeing as they just get torn down to make room for more insfrastructure) and there is something about the 'other' side of the pond which seems so much more natural. The mill seems to blend into its surroundings. Do you happen to have photoshop? If so, I think all of these just need that little extra 'pop' - which could be easily achieved by duplicating a layer and changing the blending mode to 'Screen' and then changing the opacity.

My fave is defintely #2 - but one question. How in the world did you get in the middle of that :O

Edit: By the way - I like your new watermark at the bottom there.

I like these, that sure looks like one interesting building to explore. Lets hope all the water did not do any damage :(

Ah. Comments :goodvibe:

They make me happy, you know! :cheer:

This is one of my favourite spots to go to and take photos, and in order to boost this thread just a little, I tried my hands at a tiny collage of photos that I took round that spot throughout the year. It is not always as grey and bleak in looks, and the river certainly not always has this high water, it is extremely high at present. The building is well used to it and won't get damage. By the way, the mill is listed and very unlikely to be torn down any time, it is a local sight, as it were (and I can take you all there in May 2008, if you are interested, or we could paddle there in Canadian canoes, now THAT would be fun!!!).

The collage (and I am NO GOOD at making collages in PS --- which I have, by the way, Brittany, and A LOT has already been applied to these, I must say. The originals RAWs are much, much greyer, flatter, and totally boring - reflecting our real weather):

mhlencollage.jpg

It looks like a much livelier place when the sun is shining doesn't it? :) In either case, I guess we do have to go through those 'ugly' seasons to truly appreciate the nicer ones (which is entirely subjective of course).

I will have to get my birchbark canoe slicked with some seal grease and bring it over. Unfortunately with the one bag restriction through London that might be a bit of a hassle! By the way, the second image to the right in your collage (nicely done actually, I have tried my hand at collages and :| much harder than they look) is wonderful - I don't recall seeing it up close.

I prefer the look of the summer shots. but your right about the awful weather we are getting

In your first post I really like #3 can't say why, but I just do. And I very very much like your collage!! :thumbup: It looks like a very beautiful spot.

definitely looks like my kind of place... nice shots all the way around corinna. I can't wait for spring/summer to see some more GREEN shots. ;)

I can't wait for spring/summer to see some more GREEN shots. ;)

Too true, neither can I!
But for right now I might, just MIGHT get some FROSTY photos ... it has frozen overnight and they say the sun's coming out during the day today. Let's wait and see ;) - we don't see any SNOW as yet, though.

Mmm, I think #3 is my fave as well.... one's eye is just drawn right into the shot with that composition. And I love the collage.

Great work, I love the look of #1. Even better in your other shots with better sky. As always a fan of your work!

Most reactions

Back