The Sentries of Fort Cluckster

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Clucky and Bride of Clucky have established themselves. They had to fight off starlings but we have high hopes for babies.

_0002650PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg
_0002730PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg
_0002757PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg
_0002783PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

Glad to see the couple enjoying thier new place. :)

Pick a boo, neat set

When she is in the nest like that, it is very difficult to see the hole even if you know it's there. I suspect her markings may be part of a camouflage strategy.

She also has the uncommon trait (for a woodpecker) of eating from the ground although she is a big fan of the suet.

Construction of Fort Clukster is complete but you do still see the occasional beak full of sawdust get flung from the opening.

Nice set of shots. Keep us up to date.

Nice set. I like the name, "Ft. Cluckster", very funny. It seems to inspire visions of goofy happenings there.

Nice set. I like the name, "Ft. Cluckster", very funny. It seems to inspire visions of goofy happenings there.

Unfortunately I was at work for "The Siege of Fort Clukster". There was a titanic battle, my girlfriend said it was a real knock-down fight between Clucky and a starling. After that, I started "intervening" and put a few starlings on a lead-pellet diet.

The nest was abandoned for a few days but the pair has reclaimed it and the starlings seem to have moved on.

Unfortunately I was at work for "The Siege of Fort Clukster". There was a titanic battle, my girlfriend said it was a real knock-down fight between Clucky and a starling. After that, I started "intervening" and put a few starlings on a lead-pellet diet.

The nest was abandoned for a few days but the pair has reclaimed it and the starlings seem to have moved on.

I think lead being a diet is a bit of a misnomer (jk) but you did what you felt you had to do. Peaceful community = MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! ( I wish I'd been there for that epic battle :upset:)

wow love that you actually found their home and can photograph the young ones when they come..great photos....

wow love that you actually found their home and can photograph the young ones when they come..great photos....

I wish I could take the credit but the tree they chose is on my property. We can see the hole from a couple of spots in the kitchen but only through small openings in branches. Those were all taken from the back yard.

Most reactions

Back