What's new

the source

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
abs060612.jpg
 
Thanks. I hadn't considered that. I just went back to PS and rotated it (after my neck began to hurt) and I like it that way as well, but it really is a different image with a totally different "feel" so I'm not sure which way to go with it. Thanks again for the suggestion though.
 
Well, my other half likes it landscape. So there ya go.

It's funny how we all see things differently, especially when it comes to abstracts. It really comes down to visceral feelings, that are difficult to put into words.
I struggle with this because I feel I too frequently lean towards vertical compositions. I am trying to figure out what it is, bu I can't put a concrete finger on it.
I try, and try, to make horizontal compositions but in the end they wind up standing tall.

:thumbup:
 
it's either a flower or a fart....my two guesses.

either way it's a cool image. ;-)
 
Well, my other half likes it landscape. So there ya go.

It's funny how we all see things differently, especially when it comes to abstracts. It really comes down to visceral feelings, that are difficult to put into words.
I struggle with this because I feel I too frequently lean towards vertical compositions. I am trying to figure out what it is, bu I can't put a concrete finger on it.
I try, and try, to make horizontal compositions but in the end they wind up standing tall.

:thumbup:

When I read this it seemed to me that I usually tend towards verticals as well. I looked through a lot of my images and found only about 30% were horizontal, and that's if you include the almost square ones as horizontal. I don't understand it either but if that's what I like it doesn't matter to me if it continues. I do wish I understood the visceral feelings we have about images. I read some about the psychology of perception and about symbolism in art, hoping that I would find some answers, but I didn't.
 
it's either a flower or a fart....my two guesses.

either way it's a cool image. ;-)

Thanks. I like the idea that I photographed a fart, although that was never one of my photographic goals.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom