What's new

The Spirit Tree

davev78

TPF Supporters
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
359
Reaction score
1,133
Location
Minnesota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's said that the Spirit Tree is the oldest tree in Minnesota. I've heard that it's anywhere from 300 - 400 years old.
There is no soil, it's growing out of the rocks along the shore of Lake Superior very close to the Canadian border.
This shot was taken just before sun up.

All shot with a Canon 5DMKII with a Canon 28-105 f3.5-4.5 lens.

Thanks for looking.

556590832_QJodZ-O.jpg


556590841_PGEkB-O.jpg


My new wallpaper.
556590808_DsM7W-O.jpg
 
The first one looks a little soft and grainy to me, but I love the other two :)
 
Great shots, nice perspective...........:thumbup:
 
Thanks guys.

The first photo in it's full form looks pretty sharp.
Maybe it has to do with the processing and reducing it's size.
 
I actually like the resized first picture better than the full size.
 
Nice series. I like the first one the most.

That's a pretty cool looking tree.


It's said that the Spirit Tree is the oldest tree in Minnesota. I've heard that it's anywhere from 300 - 400 years old.

Someone should cut it down and count how many rings it has... :lol:
 
I like the second two a lot. Personally, I might have tried to expose the third one just a hair more to get some detail to the tree. The sun in the second one is great.

EDIT: In looking at the first one, the color on the rocks is very nice. I don't know how I feel about the trees over on the right.
 
I like the second two a lot. Personally, I might have tried to expose the third one just a hair more to get some detail to the tree. The sun in the second one is great.

EDIT: In looking at the first one, the color on the rocks is very nice. I don't know how I feel about the trees over on the right.

0llllll0, There are writings about it that date back over 300 years.

Thanks again guys.

I Took the first shot from that angle because of the way that the "other" trees along the shoreline mirrors the inside edge of the Spirit Tree's trunk.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom