The surviver

dheerajjuneja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
gallery.loginworks.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have read that only 20% of the crocodiles are lucky enough to reach the age of 1yr. I think i spotted one of the candidates :)

The photograph is a bit large, i hope you guys won't mind ...

IMG_1212.jpg

No worries about the size of the photo, TPF downsizes them nowadays, and only those who want to (and can) view them on their screens at their larger sizes can click the option. I did. I like this one, but wish you had either dared to get even closer (though I think I'd be careful with a CROCODILE near me!) or zoomed in some more (but if you don't have such a lens, that was no option, either), or if you had cropped the frame some, so we'd all in the end be taken closer to the subject in that manner. For, tiny as he is, and "stone-coloured" as he is, too, it is not easy to see him. Yes, we do see him at once, but ... to be a bit closer would be even better! (For as long as he doesn't reach out of my screen and snap into my nose!!! ;) ;) ;) )

:) Yup, would have definitly wanted to be up and close to this beast but they don't let you out of the jeep unless you have some special permissions while on the safari...

About the lens, yup on our first trip to the safari, we only have a maximum of 200mm with us, which was obvious was not the IDEAL glass but we had to live with it. But sure, next time we will go out there, we will make sure we have atleast 400mm lens with us. Even if we have to get a 2x converter.

BTW We had a 70-200mm 2.8 L with us (maximum)

Thanks for your comments LaFoto :)

Well, would you consider cropping this some so we as viewers at least SEEM to be taken closer to your subject?
And you went on a specific safari?
Now that sounds interesting!
But sure enough you have to follow all their rules then, I find that important.

Most reactions

Back