The Taste of Summer

Thanks, it was challenging--probably the only moment someone slowed down enough for me to picture.

Pretty good picture! Holding my ever-present little crop-cards up to the screen, I can see two different aspect ratios/crops, and both of those are also very strong too. Nice! WHat makes this so good are all the little details--the cowlick of hair, the three streaks of water shown in front of his hair, the little-kid-type shirt, the water running off of the chin and tongue, and the great colors too. But I think that large, aqua-colored background blob on the left is not helping, but hurting.

But I think that large, aqua-colored background blob on the left is not helping, but hurting.

I have another where I moved slightly to remove that for a cleaner BG, but I didnt think the image was as strong.

I can't access it directly here at work, so I'll post it later... I can PM you the link to the full album if you want to look now.

Okay, better or worse?

DSC_0588-1.jpg
DSC_0589-2.jpg

#3 in this sequence (DSC_059-2.jpg) is the strongest image I think...like the OOF foreground water seen against the dark hair, and there's a lot of water hitting the tongue. This is a great shutter speed for water of that speed. The full-sized file shows the water's trajectory/splash patterns really well. The first shot of these second two is not as good, IMHO...his head is blurry, and the water is not doing anything visually exciting...in the second shot, his head is still, and the motion comes through really well.

Most reactions

Back