The Tessellated Pavement

waiting

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was laying in my motel room when my alarm went at 5:00am then Bam! Thunder rattled the windows. I got overly excited and checked the radar to see where it was all going. Straight over my planned shot! My spine tingled as threw on my gear and ran the down to the beach. I heard a few more on the way but by the time I got there It'd stopped. Anyway a few shots in it started hammering down with rain and hail so I stood there frustrated covering my gear for a couple of mins and thankfully it eased up. Another couple of shots later it started again but this time even harder. Me and my gear where saturated and I was sick of cleaning my filters so I admitted defeat. I literally just finished packing up and as the rain was easing again I went to turn around then BAM! Right in the middle of my composition was a bolt of bloody lightning! I furiously unpacked and set up again hoping for another bolt but there was nothing. I stood in the poring rain for ages until it eventually cleared up and revealed a boring sky
20100309_sad.gif

It looks like someone hand carved the entire shore line. Amazing location!

- Tessellated Pavement

15231149260_147594e3d2_c.jpg

15288968897_33b4285423_c.jpg

I like these especially the 1st. Now I'm off to look up tessellated.

Beautiful, especially the first image.

Really good. Love the 2nd.

Great shots!

Thanks everyone :)
I have one more I might share tomorrow if I edit it.

Thanks everyone :)
I have one more I might share tomorrow if I edit it.

Looking forward to that other one.. Some are choosing first, others prefering the second.. I'll take the safer option and say both are brilliant.. :lol:

The things we go through for a good shot. I ordered a MIOPS when it was a kickstarter campaign just for lightning shots and the bluetooth control.
I think both shots are beautiful. Hope you didn't ruin any gear!

Thank you both :)

Just before I left my sunrise shoot the storm started clearing to the East and presented me with this rather amazing cloud formation!
Soon after a giant rain cloud came from the West and belted my ass until I started running. It only lasted until I got back to my motel of course.

15535824816_773f51a067_c.jpg

"boring sky" ?? not boring for me :) both are amazing images,, really nicely done !! gotta LOVE a stormy sky,, these both have intrigue and makes people wonder when they look at the images what we are looking at,, I prefer the sky in the first two over the third

Most reactions

New Topics

Back