What's new

The Thing

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd like you to meet "The Thing" ;) This is actually a leftover from when I was playing around with making jewelry and I use it to goof around with a lot. One of the things I've been trying to achieve with it is giving it "life" in the images. I've come close and even think I shared a picture of The Thing in the echo thread but I've never gotten close enough to put the shots up for C&C.

These I'm relatively happy with, would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)








 
To be honest I was kind of scared when I was entering this thread, lol.
 
lol Sorry Luke!
Thanks Laynea :)
 
Thanks Lisa and welcome toTPF!
 
First one? Fire and a miss! Second one? Looks like some kind of downtrodden insect from Asia Minor. Neither one are "great", but these are at least mildly interesting for a short look. I dunno...what can I say? I'm not really "sold on" the angle of the first one...it looks a bit (and I mean a 'bit') like a stooped-over human. The second angle makes The Thing look much more insect-like, but for me, the blown-out rear segment and the overall bright patches kind of take away from the shot on both a technical and on an artistic level. The large, bright green leaf (is that a leaf???) in the lower left area is a bit too large, and competes for attention with the insect-like incarnation of The Thing. Ehhhhhmmmm....

Now, before opening this post, I thought that just MAYBE, maybe, you and Mr.Rabbit might have had an old, run-down,decrepit,rusted-out, tri-colored wreck example of a Volkswagon "car" that was called "The Thing". Remember the TV ads??

"Volkswagon's The Thing! The car that thinks it's a ___________" zOMG...
 
lol I totally forgot about the Volkswagen Thing!! It is TOTALLY a vehicle that we could potentially acquire someday ;) lol You are starting to know us very well Sir! ;)

Thanks for the feedback, that helps a lot. Giving life to something like this is MUCH trickier than I first thought but I WILL make it happen!!

While I was shooting Angus thought Mom must be looking at something fun with that damn thing she carries everywhere so he came to check it out lol

 
Thanks Nandakumar :)

I think The Thing's personality is lurking just below the surface in these....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom