The Tourist Slump

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this tired woman down in one of San Diego's tourist traps while my parents were visiting. I thought it was very quintessential tourist. Heh.

_DSF9304.jpg

"I swear to God, what was Harold thinking? Linda and Bernie told us it wasn't a good idea. They said, 'Don't go in August, it'll be terrible. So many people, and so hot, too.' But no, he had to see that damn star for Charlton Heston. 'Bring your camera, take some pictures' he says. 'Wear a hat, you'll be cool enough' he says. Well, I say he can take the dog next time!"

(And for some reason, I imagine this all in a Long Island accent.)

No Limr-- a Jersey accent for sure.

Either one would work, really ;) If you picture her a bit more aggressively angry, then go Jersey. If she's resigned and just tired, then you go with slower, more drawn-out Long Island.

No Limr-- a Jersey accent for sure.

Either one would work, really ;) If you picture her a bit more aggressively angry, then go Jersey. If she's resigned and just tired, then you go with slower, more drawn-out Long Island.

Or Brooklyn. Yes, I know it's on Long Island, but no one from Brooklyn refers to Long Island as including Brooklyn (or even Queens).

It's true. Brooklyn and Queens might be geographically located on the Isle of Long, but they are certainly not "Long Island" :)

Notice the camera poised to snap: It's Lew Norton in disguise, I tell you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back