The Tracks...C&C Please

RNBzie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello...

I am a photography hobbyist looking at improving my skills....this is a shot I took yesterday and want some honest C&C...thats the only way I can get better right :scratch:?

IMG_4343.jpg

Thanks for looking!

You don't come round often, RNBzie, do you? Last we spoke, I wished you a Happy New Year and you posted some portrait pics of the family! ;)

The concept of this one is promising, but these tracks don't lead anywhere, nowhere at all, they bump against the top frame and that's it. I feel that when you work with lines (they always lead the eye, lines do that), they should lead you somewhere...

You are right I do not post often...I feel that my contributions would not be significant since I need more work with my photographs.

I do understand that leading aspect of the tracks that you are referring to. Maybe leading to an open horizon would have made a stronger statement.

As for too much going on...should I have cropped in tighter on the main tracks?

I guess I saw the photo as a metaphor of life...how convoluted things can get and how there is a path that leads to the unknown...:crazy:

pfffft RNBzie! any contributions are significant here, dont think you have to reach a quota of quality just to show your work. this is a good shot, be proud dont hide!

its very close to a 2:1 aspect ratio which is not very appealing. the blown out highlights on the tracks are very distracting. i think if you centered on the main set of tracks, and cropped out some of the rest, it would be a much stronger shot

Most reactions

Back