What's new

The Underpass

Battou

TPF junkie!
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
8,046
Reaction score
65
Location
Slapamonkey, New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canon FD 28mm on Canon EF SLR
Originally posted
001_2_2.jpg

Bigger Here
 
I like it a lot. I like the tones and the composition. It definitely looks better large
 
I really like this too, composition is good makes you wonder whats around the corner
 
Thanks, This was shot at one of my favorite locations. I was out testing a new lens when I took this. I was unbelievably dissapointed with the print I got back and this sat untouched for months, even then it took me a few hours to process to get it to look like what I was shooting, I am glad to see it apprieciated.
 
cool shot. too bad that with shots like this the end of the tunnel is always overexposed (altough it's not so bad in this one). did you try this one in b&w?
 
cool shot. too bad that with shots like this the end of the tunnel is always overexposed (altough it's not so bad in this one). did you try this one in b&w?

No, I did not try it in BW but I know full well it would work just as well in BW.
 
Very nice! Your blacks are blue in the top of the photo tho. No biggy but it made me think of that.
 
Very nice! Your blacks are blue in the top of the photo tho. No biggy but it made me think of that.

I'm not seeing it on this moniter, only noise, But I'll look at it closer on my computer at home.
 
You where right, the whole thing had a blue cast

[IMG- relocated to post #1]

Better?
 
I've relocated the revised pic to post one and I suppose I'll give this a bump and see if I get an answer.
 
I'm not too into the urban thing so I didn't comment, but it does remind me of where I used to break stolen Christmas lights with my buddies when we were kids. You seemed to get good light and detail all the way through- What is that, under a freeway?
 
Ah, thanks, The location it was shot at was under a double set of rail road track overpasses passing over Main Street between the two rail Stations (Erie Station and the BR&P) here in town.

An aerial photograph of the BR&P station taken in 1971 by Jack Boucher showing this overpass from above back when it still had six sets of rails passing over them can be found Here. Sadly only two sets of rails remain and this site is growing dilapidated, One of the two bridge sections is completely unseable now due to neglect.
 
You where right, the whole thing had a blue cast

[IMG- relocated to post #1]

Better?

Yup, the blue is gone. It's yellow tinted now. ;)

Still a good image though - either way. If it were I, I would have selected only the ceiling area, or selected just the darks in select by color tool, for the edit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom