The very best of friends.

Hikaribushi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in Prague last week on business and managed to find time to also take some photos. One early morning I went to the old town square to shoot some prior to sunrise - it was a great time to get a look at the old town square without all the people (though sadly the beautiful lights on the Tyn Church that come on at night had already been turned off). On my way back to the hotel I encountered this pair of British gals making their way back home after what I presumed was a long night of partying. Their speech was slurred and their meandering was rather non-linear. I was very self conscious of stalking them to take photos, so I just snapped a quick couple of shots to capture the moment/story and then left them alone. The only change I made to the photo was the sepia-like tone. Critique and comments are requested and very welcome. Thanks in advance for your time and insight.

Friends_zpse3d01819.jpg

Is it me or are they OOF?

They are, but to me that's the point, "Their" focusing is on the soft side if I read the story correctly. And it stands to reason that the photographer passed on that "softness of focus". I'm thinking the treatment is appropriate.

What I like most about the photo:
1. The lines and the contrast in the bottom half
2. The sheerness caught in the one lady's skirt
3. The contrast of their sweaters, and how it creates a yin-yang effect.

What I don't love about the photo:
1. I feel like there could be more focus
2. The top half of the photo is too busy, I feel like their heads get lost in the business.
3. I've never been a fan of sepia, but that's just me. :)

They are, but to me that's the point, "Their" focusing is on the soft side if I read the story correctly. And it stands to reason that the photographer passed on that "softness of focus". I'm thinking the treatment is appropriate.

I agree. I like this . The soft focus also give a vintage feel. Just a nice photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back