The waaaaiting is the HAR-DEST part...

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I know what I'm getting for Christmas now a D50 and the 50mm f1.8. Now I just have to wait till Christmas to get it :bounce: so many things to shoot so few non wide angle lenses available to me right now.

lol. Good luck man. Hope you can handle it.
I'm getting a present from my girlfriend tomorrow, and I can't wait either...
waiting for presents is the worst part...lol

same here man, I know I got loottsss of camera gear coming to me this christmas/birthday.. Psyched..

Well I know what I'm getting for Christmas now a D50 and the 50mm f1.8. Now I just have to wait till Christmas to get it :bounce: so many things to shoot so few non wide angle lenses available to me right now.

Oh heck no!

Tell them that you would LOVE to know how to work the camera properly before Christmas so you can get some nice Christmas pics, so it is important you open it at least a couple of days before... it worked for me on a video camera that I got once... lol.

If they say something about being fair or wrapped presents and all... tell them that the camera and lens boxes could be wrapped up under the tree, after you've taken out what you needed to learn. ;)

As far as wide angle and zoom is concerned, I heard that a good set of sticky running shoes actually doubles the speed of the zoom on the 50mm Nikkor lens. :lol:

Sadly my dad has a D70 which gives me no excuse not to know how to use the D50. And he actually bought a D50 at first but returned it to get the D70 so he has the training video for the D50.

I don't know why I celebrate Christmas I'm agnostic.

Is it bad form to give youself an expensive Xmas gift? Say, for eample a lens such as this? My birthday is in January so I thought a little self-indulgence could be overlooked for this.

Someday after many years of slavery I'll be able to afford lenses like those. Till then I'll be hoping I can afford a telephoto/macro and a wide angle (non-zoom) within the next few years.

Is it bad form to give youself an expensive Xmas gift? Say, for eample a lens such as this? My birthday is in January so I thought a little self-indulgence could be overlooked for this.

Too bad I can't indulge like that this year I already got the first one.

Nice sig Muay_Thai_Dan!

Lol, I feel your pain man XD

The same thing is happening to me :p

Not at all... I heartily agree!

Matter of fact I plan to order this same item in January myself... but only becuase I wanted to have a little more spare money for the family this Christmas.

As far as getting yourself gifts for Christmas, I do it every year. I feel it is an important way that I acknowledge to myself that I have worked hard for another year and have earned it. My little gift to myself this year is a 1 Terrabyte RAID-5 external enclosure. Yeah, I'm a bit of a techno-geek... and I wanted a little bit of additional security when I place my pictures, movies and MP3's there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back