The waves after Jonas

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
minots.jpg

Big thanks to @MSnowy for giving me some tips on where to shoot this lighthouse from! I asked him like a year ago but have been waiting for the right conditions ever since. Lots of haze and sea spray to shoot through (thank you dehaze slider!), but holy hell, what an amazing display of nature. This lighthouse is 87 feet tall, and some of these waves were crashing OVER the top. Shot at 600mm in 1.5 crop, then cropped a bit more (just for good measure!)

Nice! I've seen tons of pictures on social media from today's waves at this lighthouse (Minot Light)

Nice! I've seen tons of pictures on social media from today's waves at this lighthouse (Minot Light)

yeah it was an awesome day! We ended up driving to the end of the glades to shoot, much closer there and the haze wasn't as bad to shoot through. Thanks again for the tips on shooting this (even if it did take me like a year to finally go!)

yeah it was an awesome day! We ended up driving to the end of the glades to shoot, much closer there and the haze wasn't as bad to shoot through. Thanks again for the tips on shooting this (even if it did take me like a year to finally go!)

Ya I've shot there with permission. Lucky you did get arrested for trespassing, Those people see anyone that doesn't live inside the gate they call the police and they're usually waiting for you at the gate.

Very impressive shot. I had to click on it for the larger size where it is quite spectacular.

WesternGuy

Such an amazing pic.Good job!!!

Ya I've shot there with permission. Lucky you did get arrested for trespassing, Those people see anyone that doesn't live inside the gate they call the police and they're usually waiting for you at the gate.

hah, damn, glad that didn't happen! Some guy at Sandy Beach said nobody would bother us during the day if we drove out.

Very impressive shot. I had to click on it for the larger size where it is quite spectacular.

WesternGuy

Such an amazing pic.Good job!!!

Thanks!

hah, damn, glad that didn't happen! Some guy at Sandy Beach said nobody would bother us during the day if we drove out.

Ha ha he was getting rid of you and setting you up

Ha ha he was getting rid of you and setting you up

He was using a popup flash to shoot a lighthouse like 4 miles away so maybe he wanted to get rid of any competition :allteeth:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back