the wind blows

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There was a little boy who lived in a far away land. Close to the boy's home, there was a tall mountain, always covered in snow at the top. Also at the top of the mountain, there was an ancient monastery where ancient monks lived.

Sometimes, the little boy, as he was riding his tricycle around his yard, would look up at the monastery on the tall mountain and wonder what it was like up there.

One day, when the wind was blowing down off the mountain, the air turned quite cold and the little boy could hear a very strange noise on the wind. It was coming from the monastery! He could not figure out what could possibly be making such a strange noise and he was curious.

So, the little boy made a peanut butter sandwich, hopped on his tricycle and started his ride up to the monastery. It took him hours and hours, but he finally made it to the top. He bravely pounded on the massive door to the monastery and the head monk opened the door.

'Hello, Mr. Monk, sir. Down at my home in the valley below, I heard a very strange noise coming from your monastery. Could you tell me what it is?'

'I'm sorry,' replied the head monk, 'I can't tell you. You aren't a monk.'

Sadly, the little boy got back on his tricycle and rode all the way home, in a very foul and frustrated mood. He really did want to know what was making that noise.

The wind did not blow down off the mountain again until a couple years later. The boy was a bit bigger and stronger now and now rode around town on his bicycle.

As luck would have it, he was out riding when the wind blew down off the mountain, the air turned quite cold, and he heard a very strange noise on the wind. It was coming from the monastery! He could not figure out what could possibly be making such a strange noise and he was curious.

So, the bigger boy made a beef cheese sandwich, hopped on his bicycle and started his ride up to the monastery. It took him hours, but he finally made it to the top. He knocked on the massive door to the monastery and the head monk opened the door.

'Hey, Mr. Monk. Down at my home in the valley below, I heard a very strange noise coming from your monastery. Could you tell me what it is?'

Sadly, he got back on his bicycle and rode all the way home, in a very foul and frustrated mood. He really did want to know what was making that noise.

The wind did not blow down off the mountain again until a couple years later. The boy had grown into a strapping youth now and rode around town on his motorcycle.

As luck would have it, he was out riding when the wind blew down off the mountain, the air turned quite cold, and he heard a very strange noise on the wind. It was coming from the monastery! He could not figure out what could possibly be making such a strange noise and he was curious.

So, he grabbed a slice of pizza, hopped on his motorcycle and started his ride up to the monastery. It took him 30 minutes, but he finally made it to the top. He pounded on the massive door to the monastery and the head monk opened the door.

'Yo, Monk, dude. Down at my home in the valley below, I heard a very strange noise coming from your monastery. Could you tell me what it is?'

Sadly, he got back on his motorcycle and rode all the way home, in a very foul and frustrated mood. He really did want to know what was making that noise.

The wind did not blow down off the mountain again until a couple years later. The boy was now a young man and often rode around in his new convertible sports car.

So, the young man bought a burger at a fast food place, got in his convertible sports car, and started his ride up to the monastery. It took him 20 minutes, but he finally made it to the top. He pounded on the massive door to the monastery and the head monk opened the door.

'Mr. Monk. Down at my home in the valley below, I heard a very strange noise coming from your monastery. Could you tell me what it is?'

Sadly, the young man got back in his convertible sportscar and rode all the way home, in a very foul and frustrated mood. He really did want to know what was making that noise.

That night, he thought and thought about the very strange noise and how he just had to know what caused it. So, he resolved to do something about it the next day.

The next day, he got in his convertible sportscar and raced up the mountain, slammed on his brakes, and skidded to a stop right in front of the massive door to the monastery. He pounded on the door until it was opened.

'Alright, Mr. Monk, I want to know what is making that very strange noise coming from you monastery!'

'Well, then can I become a monk?'

'Why certainly! It is quite easy. You must count the number of blades of grass in this field.' The monk pointed out a long, huge field of grass that covered acres and acres. "After you finish that, you must count the number of grains of sand on that beach.' And with that he pointed out to an even larger beach nearby. "When you return with your answer, then you shall be a monk.'

So the young man began to count. For years and years he counted the blades of grass and grains of sand, until one day he had finally finished. He made his way slowly back to the monastery and found the head monk.

'Oh, Mr. Monk, I have counted all the blades of grass and grains of sand. I finally know that there are 145,236,284 blades of grass in the field and 231,281,219,382 grains of sand on the beach, and I would like to become a monk.'

So the man became a monk. At last, he would now be able to find out the source of that very strange noise coming from the monastery.

'Mr. Monk, what is the noise coming from the monastery?' asked the new monk.

The head monk replied, 'The source is too complicated to describe in words. I am afraid that you must see it for yourself to truly understand it. Follow me.'

The monk led the man to a wooden door, where the head monk says, "The sound is right behind that door."

The man reaches for the knob, but the door is locked. He says, "Real funny. May I have the key?"

The monk gives him the key, and he opens the door.

Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone.

The man demands the key to the stone door.

The monk gives him the key, and he opens it, only to find a door made of ruby.

He demands another key from the monk, who provides it.

Behind that door is another door, this one made of sapphire.

So it went until the man had gone through doors of emerald, silver, topaz, and amethyst.

Finally, the monk say, "This is the last key to the last door."

The man is relieved to no end.

He unlocks the door, turns the knob, and looks upon the source of the strange sound.

And the strange sound was.....

well sorry but I can't tell what the strange sound was, you see your not a Monk

made me smile! :)

except that horrible part with the peanut butter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back