The World Through One (Crappy) Lens - Game On! (Nikon Only)

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Update: Project In Progress!
Click to view the map on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/worldthroughonecrappylens/pool/map?mode=group

I'm going to go ahead and get this started.

What?
I have a crappy lens, manual focus and it's old. I'm willing to donate this gem to the photographic world to see what people can come up with along its travels from one person to the next.

How?
Simply decide if you're going to really give this 100% and do your part. I recommend $10 is sent to the person shipping the lens, this way there is at least some financial interest in getting the lens as well as getting rid of the lens. The $10 is to cover shipping, you'll get your $10 back when you send the item to the next person in line.

The lens should be kept for up to, but no longer than 7 days to keep it moving and interesting.

When?
Starts Right Now!

$10 to get this going, PM me if you're interested in being a part of this - it should be fun!

1. Names will be added in this post in the order they are received.
2. Once you receive the lens let me know so I can mark your name as the current holder of the lens.
3. Arrange shipping with the next person in line.

Last but not least:
The Photo Forum and it's members are not liable for anything! Should the lens be lost in shipment, broken, misplaced, forgotten, eaten by the dog, sold on eBay, buried, trashed, rolled off the roof of a car, dropped down the stairs, drowned, flushed, or otherwise ruined or gone in any way, shape or form, etc, etc, etc, the game is over unless another lens is put into action to replace it.

Note:
You will most likely need to switch your camera to Manual mode to use this lens. I am not familiar with what bodies do what, but just a note in case it doesn't seem to work for you - M mode! This is an old 70-210mm lens, I don't even know who makes it or anything else about it and I accept no responsibilty for damages. I have tested this lens on a D5000, D90 and D300s and it worked on all of those bodies.

Those who are on the list, please sign up for the group and include your member name for verification.
Flickr: World Through One Crappy Lens

List of confirmed members participating:
(Red= In Posession - Black = Waiting - Green = Completed)

0. PhotoXopher
1. MrRamonG
2. DScience
3. Pugs
4. zeto88 (Australia)
7. iznfb
8. boomer
9. Dominantly
10. jjparson
11. PhillJ
12. Jeffro
13. TylerF
14. Eco
15. Wolfgang8810
16. nickpav
17. Nick Melson (UK)
18. Foxman
19. Goontz
20. Casserole (Canada)
21. itsjustbrandy
22. AUS-10
23. fast eddie
24. Flawlessly Fallen
25. SrBiscuit
26. Crayons
27. Redtippmann
28. Derek Nickell

5. T-town photographer (removed for lack of communication)
6. Hybrid Designz (removed for lack of communication)

Last edited:
I think this is a pretty cool idea man.... I'm super interested in seeing how this turns out and some results.

I'm pretty excited to see what happens with it myself! :thumbup:

Pretty good way to get some enjoyment out of a lens I may have otherwise abandoned, and knowing this community - someone will pull off an amazing photograph with this thing :lol:

I am 100% down to participate in this. However I would need to be a person a few weeks down the road. I will definitely do it anytime after January 1st. :eek:)

I've heard of this type of thing before and think it's a cool idea.

Two caveats come to mind though. 1) The tenner ($10) should be in the box when shipped to the next person. 2) The person that has just shipped on the lens has 7 days to post their images.

Last edited:
I'm fine with however each individual transaction wants to handle the shipping, etc.

Good suggestions.

Remember to PM me your interest so I don't miss someone in the thread.

Is there a theme? should we just take a pic of something crappy with the crappy lens?

I'd say try and take the best photo you can, get creative... anything you want!

I'm fine with however each individual transaction wants to handle the shipping, etc.
If the money is moved along with the lens, then there is no back tracking to be done. Just my 2¢.

Right, but that would mean I'd have to:

1. Supply the lens.
2. Pay for the initial shipping.
3. Send $10 with it.

:lol:

Right, but that would mean I'd have to:

1. Supply the lens.
2. Pay for the initial shipping.
3. Send $10 with it.

COB

No, you've already paid the intial shipping, the first person on the list would be responsible for the $10 and so on.

Not sure that's the best way, sending a lens plus $10? I think having the receiver put a small investment into this will help insure it completes it's travels.

Anyway, once it leaves my hands it'll be up to the individuals involved how they'd like to handle it.

Let's get this going, we need a lot more people! :D

I think slipping a $10 in the box is the best way as long as one person is willing to pay double for shipping. Someone would have to.... but getting the $10 in the box is easiest. That way no one has to wait for paypal transactions or wait for money to be shipped to them.

Count me in either way.

Are you going to start a new thread for the pictures? Or just post in this one?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back