What's new

Theater play in very low light

ZapoTeX

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
203
Reaction score
12
Location
Milan, Italy
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine is studying at a theater school in Italy and I saw his third year show. The light was extremely low and both intensity and temperature were constantly changing both in over time and across the stage, but I still tried my luck.

C&C very welcome!

1



2




3

 
Last edited:
Out of the set of 3 pictures, I much prefer picture #1. Excellent composition. I would have done a closer crop as those lights are some what distracting. The lght shinning on there faces is very interesting and holds your interest.

Pic #2 just seems rather poorly composed where those ropes hang right in front of their faces.

Pic #3 could use a closer crop to help bring us more into the scene. Still, an interesting composition with great facial expressions.
 
Nicely done! I do agree with what Joel said above... and I took the liberty of doing a little work on your shots. Did you de-noise / sharpen these at all? I just cleaned them up a little and cropped..

11.jpg


2-1.jpg


3-1.jpg
 
Hi Joel and Charlie! Thanks a lot for your comments & edits, I appreciate them hugely!

Regarding #1: I did not crop out the upper-right lights because the back of the actors are in such a position that they would have been cut, but the solution was a smart combination of crop and clone-out, just like Charlie did (thanks)

#2:/#3, the one with ropes: true, the ropes are disturbing, I still liked the "basket like" shape of the subjects. Appreciate your comment!

#3/#2, the one with the faces in pitch black background: totally right on the "air" on the upper part, I should have cropped a lot more aggressively. I see that Charlie left the air on the left, and I can see his point (actors are turned to the left)

De-noising and sharpening: I actually did. De-noising with 25 color and 50 luminance setting on LR4. Concerning sharpening: I'll open a thread about how sharpening works in LR, it's definitely not clear to me. Anyway, I guess I've been a little shy on both fronts.

Thanks again for the precious comments and edits!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom