ThePhotoForum.com Outage and Update/Lost Data

I just wanted to thank all the staff for their work. I didn’t know there was a hack until I discovered a thread was missing and pm’ed @terri. I now know she must have been swamped, but she took the time to give me a lengthy and detailed explanation even though she was extremely busy I am sure now. Thanks! The site looks good!

Sadly in life we do get the odd little Blip, that is what seems to have gone one here. I do like how it is now though :cool:

Add my thanks and appreciation to all those who work behind the scenes to keep this forum going. I enjoy it and will continue to participate.

Thanks TPF for all that you do. I don't care about any of my crap being deleted, it is marginal at best. Besides I have all the negatives or files to remind me of how much I need to grow. I don't take this glitch or any others in my life to seriously. I am breathing another day, have food in the pantry, and can send out my rolls to be developed if I don't feel like doing them myself. Keep up the great work.

Here to stay. I work with databases on a daily basis, and perfectly understand how things can go sideways. I've recovered from the shock of being redirected to PH; those are not the photos I want to see. The update looks great! Now to try out the new software.
I agree that guys could deserve a mercy :D ... on the other hand, as an IT guy, well ... I'd just better stick with that I love this community and let's move on ... for myself ofc

just to say that stuff happens.

I will not be changing forums.

As some of you may have noticed the site has been upgraded to the latest software and we are also running on newer (faster) hardware. The biggest thing you may have noticed is that the past couple weeks of forum posts/threads/media has disappeared.

An old administrator account that was no longer active was used to deface the site and to delete content. We do daily backups but unfortunately a silent error was preventing the backups from being run over the last couple of weeks. This cascade of failures unfortunately left us only with an older copy of the database than we would prefer. We are very sorry for this loss of data and do apologize to our community.

We are still ironing out some of the wrinkles of the newer software so if you see anything else broken please let us know and post in here. Thank you for your support and your patience.
Thank you very much and sorry that some idiot did this to you.

Most reactions

Back