There are places I remember

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
010210delta3200-05b-1.jpg

010210delta3200-07c-1.jpg

010210delta3200-06b-1.jpg

There's something special about the humble park bench. They're kind of timeless. I bet everyone has a fond memory, a special moment spent on a park bench. We should spend more time to appreciate them. :)

wow. i actually have some great park bench memories these and your description are bringing back. there is a very nice feel to these shots, i really like them. thank you for sharing :)

Really like this idea. Run with it.

However the photos are a bit gray. They can use a bit more PP work. More contrast to start with.

Agree with the contrast idea. That said, #1 has a nice contrast and if my favourite. I like how you managed with the sun shining through the trees also. Well done.

Did you use a film camera? If so, what kind? I'm beginning my film photography class right now and I'm soooo excited to start shooting, as well as, processing my own film =)

Your pictures capture alot. Through your perspective, you make a simple parkbench evoke emotion within your viewers. Great job!

thanks for the comments guys.

c.cloudwalker: That was my initially reaction when i scanned them in too. However when I added more contrast I lost too much detail and they lost that nostalgic/hazey feel, so I decided to hold back on the contrast. Also, they were taken on an extremely foggy December morning, so I was expecting a low contrast result.

Yoaimee: I used a Pentacon Six. It's an old-ish medium format camera that breaks all too easily!

definitely a great series, no. 1 is my favourite, composition, highlights, contrast all fantastic. No 2 has a great sense of atmosphere, the haze gives it a kind of mystery. No 3 is a little bit dull but still good, not as exciting as the first two, lacks some highlights / contrast.

Most reactions

Back