There are some really rude people on this forum...

Must've taken a awfully long time.......

... you know, with that hard exterior shell and then all that ego to consume. :lol:

They were big mice.

I'd hate to have to encounter them in the real world.

I've learned that being online gives people anonymity so they feel that they can be as rude and offensive as they can be without fear of having to face the consequences like being punched in the face. But you meet the same people in real life and they're the total opposite.

All forums/online communities has rude/offensive people. You just gotta grow a thick skin and realize it's just some troll in their cold dungeon of a basement room getting revenge on you for being picked on in high school or the office.

Source: WordNet (r) 1.7 rude adj 1: socially incorrect in behavior; "resentment flared at such an unmannered intrusion" [syn: ill-mannered, unmannered, unmannerly] 2: (of persons) lacking in refinement or grace [syn: ill-bred, bounderish, lowbred, underbred, yokelish] 3: lacking civility or good manners; "want nothing from you but to get away from your uncivil tongue"- Willa Cather [syn: uncivil] [ant: civil] 4: (used especially of commodities) in the natural unprocessed condition; "natural yogurt"; "natural produce"; "raw wool"; "raw sugar"; "bales of rude cotton" [syn: natural, raw, rude] 5: belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness; "the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man"; "primitive movies of the 1890s"; "primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mountains" [syn: crude, primitive]

Oh boy! I love semantics!

Nobody ever calls me out to my face anymore :(

we really need more smileys! I'd love to have the one of ROFL, where I fall off my chair laughing.

I embrace rude. I think others should too!

That's cool, only one of you all is on my ignore list.

:)

what - you mean they might not like it????

As for rude people there are 2 things I say

1) some people are just rude

2) some people are rather more blunt than others - especially when typing - so what can read as angry or rude is just them being rather more factual than conversational (and also more critical than praising)

+1

You know how music can really set the mood of scenes in a movie or slideshow? Well, I try to read every comment as if the person who wrote it was sincerely trying to be helpful, and being patient. That takes away the 'rudeness' half the time.

If, however, insults and name calling are involved, well, that's just plain wrong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back