There is an evil amonst us...

You've already got a statement of old vs. new technology, if you look closely.

You have all those old books and paintings contrasting with one of those new-fangled, float-in-midair lamps (just to the left of the PC screen). :mrgreen:

Jon

You've already got a statement of old vs. new technology, if you look closely.

You have all those old books and paintings contrasting with one of those new-fangled, float-in-midair lamps (just to the left of the PC screen). :mrgreen:

True enough. And most of those books are actually new. I think I was just looking for a less extreme "high dynamic range" of technology. :sexywink:

Indeed a clean edit. The metal bar isn't quite straight at the edges though. I wouldn't notice it without the 100%, but then again, that's something that in PP would drive me absolutely bonkers. (Perhaps using the rectangular marquee tool to control your cloning better would produce a cleaner edge.)

Oh that's an interesting idea. But yes, I did agonize over the edges and such. Creating a new edge from an old one (sometimes from another part of the scene entirely) is a harrowing affair.

That being said, all this took me probably about an hour... really not bad. I may bring it up and tweak it again before I print it 24x36 as I currently intend to do. :)

You did a great job removing the girl... i must learn how this is done... is it all smudging?

Smudging? Oh dear no. That's a tricksy tool to use effectively. Bah. Go play with your clone brush. ;)

Indeed a clean edit. The metal bar isn't quite straight at the edges though. I wouldn't notice it without the 100%, but then again, that's something that in PP would drive me absolutely bonkers. (Perhaps using the rectangular marquee tool to control your cloning better would produce a cleaner edge.)

Oh that's an interesting idea. But yes, I did agonize over the edges and such. Creating a new edge from an old one (sometimes from another part of the scene entirely) is a harrowing affair.

That being said, all this took me probably about an hour... really not bad. I may bring it up and tweak it again before I print it 24x36 as I currently intend to do. :)

Indeed. I don't like trying to reconstruct edges. Not a fun time at all. I've had varied success with the method I mentioned. It'll create a very hard, clear edge, but if you judiciously use the blur tool and a little healing, it can come out a little better. >.>

You did a great job removing the girl... i must learn how this is done... is it all smudging?

Combination of the cloning tool and the healing brush. The cloning tool does the bulk of the work with use of the healing brush occasionally and lightly to randomize the textures a bit and make them a bit more like they're not just a dup from somewhere else.

It takes quite a bit of practice.

Smudging? Oh dear no. That's a tricksy tool to use effectively. Bah. Go play with your clone brush. ;)

"tricksy" :lol: SOMEONE has been watching Lord of the Rings. WE HATES THE SMUDGE TOOL! HAAAAAAAAAATES IT!!!!

Yeah, I'll definitely try to play with that. You know you could feather the selection slightly...

Yeah, I'll definitely try to play with that. You know you could feather the selection slightly...

NO! Everything must be at 100% hardness! Bnasdaaaaagggg!!!!

...Um, yeah. Of course you can do that. D'oh! :lol:

(You mixed up your quote tags manaheim. Took me a while to find what you had typed. :greenpbl: I think tricksy has become part of my vocabulary after watching those movies...oh...five or six times.)

I watch those yearly. :)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATES THE QUOTING TAGS! HATES THEM!

lolbjz.jpg
lolcsj.jpg
:)

Great edit, If i hadn't seen the original, I would have never known!

Last edited:
I use the marquee tool all the time when I'm cloning, an yeh I noticed the person missing, nice and clean.

:lol: NICE job, UUilliam. :lol: I may have to do that.

i was wondering if yall knew if the clone and heal brushes are in elements 7?

Why did you NOT straighten the distorted leaning in the photo?

Because it was distorted and leaning on purpose? :)

I don't think they build libraries leaning inward and if the distortion does NOT contribute to the photo, which is the case here, then it should have been corrected. :mrgreen:

skieur

Really? I thought the distortion contributes to the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back