There'll Be No More Winters

Oblivious

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
no-more-winters.jpg

This is my first submission here. I've not done much of this sharing-and-discussing-creative-works-with-strangers-online thing before. I have had some gallery shows of my paintings, and I work for a graphic design and marketing firm in a creative capacity, so you need not be gentle. I'm tough.

ok, what really hinders me talking further about the image is that I have no idea what the title could have to do with the actual image.

please help :)

The writing on the wall, and those indentations are distracting, but those are an easy fix with some post processing.

I'm not sure if I'm liking the angle it was shot at, did you try different angles to see what the result would be?

ok, what really hinders me talking further about the image is that I have no idea what the title could have to do with the actual image.

please help :)

2 out of 3 times, my titles will be a line from a song I was listening to while converting the PSD to a down-scaled JPG. This is one such case. It seemed fitting, as I feel there is kind of a desolate post-apocalypse feel to it, and global warming is the new apocalypse. I think I preferred the total nuclear annihilation apocalypse better, at least that one was quick.

The writing on the wall, and those indentations are distracting, but those are an easy fix with some post processing.

I'm not sure if I'm liking the angle it was shot at, did you try different angles to see what the result would be?

Removing graffiti from a photograph of a train station wall would be like removing the leaves from a tree. It may be distracting, but it belongs there.

I shot it from several angles. This was the most awkward I could find. You can't tell from the image, but there are parking meters, cars, and people everywhere.

OK, I see, so the title is random.

To be honest however, I do not get any post-apocalypse feel with this image. To me it looks more like a later sunday afternoon-scene with a low sun and without the crowds you might encounter on the other days of the week.

For me the part of the scene is just to small to give me the feeling of desolation. if this was a whole street with no life, or an even larger scene, then this idea might come up in my head.

anyway, the image seems to have some balance which it would not have if it was not for the long shadow.

For me the part of the scene is just to small to give me the feeling of desolation. if this was a whole street with no life, or an even larger scene, then this idea might come up in my head.

Fair enough.

does nothing for me !

I like the simplicity of it a lot. The shadows make it interesting.

Most reactions

Back