There's a Wedding going on!

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So me and my buddy Tri decide to go pay a visit to the beautiful Five Wounds Portuguese National Church down the street. I've been driving past for years and never had chance to go in. Well we get there and there's a wedding, lot's of photographers and videographers, what can we do?

We crash the wedding. The Bride and all of the guests thought we were the photographers so paid us no mind. One of the photographers even commented that I had a good perspective and asked if he could join me, of course I backed out of the way. Unfortunately for me I was only prepared with my 17-35 and really didn't want to intrude or get too close so I popped off a few fast ones and left. I might don nicer clothes and hit it again next week, it's gorgeous!

_POR3242_3_4_5_6_tonemapped by WSG Photography, on Flickr

2 The Caboose

_POR3214-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr

3 About to enter

_POR3220-Edit by WSG Photography, on Flickr

4 The Outside

_POR3233 by WSG Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Neat but... tilted? Possibly a perspective issue, possibly both. But neat.

Better. Still a little off... but better.

Sorry, can't help it. With that much symmetry (sp?!?!?!), it's noticable.

I had my tripod splayed across the floor and really didn't want to impede the paid shooters and late guests walking in the door behind me so yeah, not really setup as I would have liked BUT HEY! I came all the way down here, I'm getting a shot!

and it really is a neat one. :)

Is it poor taste to just walk in and shoot in the middle of someone's wedding? My stomach flops a little at it. Am I just too sensitive? I avoided shooting a cathedral because it was Sunday morning and the people were on their way in to mass. Maybe it's just my background in church work.

Hey I'm a church going guy too, I was very respectful and stayed as far back as possible. There were a half-dozen other shooters up on stage and even in the pulpit as shown in another image. Can't say I wasn't a bit nervous about it.

Most reactions

Back