There's really no original way to say 'hello'...

Oraicia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
'Ello. I'm Madysen/Oraicia, whichever you prefer to call me. I've recently developed an interest in photography, and have been trying to learn more about it. Unfortunately, the tenth grade digital pictures course was cancelled at my school, so I'm finding other ways to display my work.

Probably my ultimate photography goal is the get a good picture of the Northern Lights. Living in southern Canada, this is difficult, but I'm pretty determined.

So, there's my little intro. Hopefully there will be people on here willing to help me develop my skills. ^_^

Welcome to the forums. Having seen beautiful displays of 'northern lights' in Northern USA I have no doubt that given the right conditions you will succeed in Southern Canada!

Woah...I looked at Invisible's picture. I seriously want to get something like that on film. I'd have to steal my mom's Nikon, though. There's no way my abused little point-and-shoot will take something like that.

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see another Canadian around here. :D

I'd have to steal my mom's Nikon, though. There's no way my abused little point-and-shoot will take something like that.
Don't get stuck in the thinking that you're limited by your gear. Photography is more about knowledge, skill and technique, than it is about what camera you have.
That being said, if you're really interested in photography, I would suggest getting yourself some type of SLR camera.

Big Mike said:
Don't get stuck in the thinking that you're limited by your gear. Photography is more about knowledge, skill and technique, than it is about what camera you have.

Weeell, in this case I actually am limited by my gear. My camera won't capture the lights, they're too dim. For the most part, it's pretty good, though. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back