These ignorant women get more screen time than they deserve

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, the Miss America pageant in all its vapidness *cough* I mean glory, finally had someone genuinely go up on stage and showcase their actual intellect and life outside of the...competition...and...

Maybe it's because I have both military and civilian nurses in my family, but this is just...incredibly disappointing. This is what people watch on TV.

Can someone please explain how it's scientifically/statistically possible for so much stupidity to exist in one place at one time?

Last edited:
And, watching the View is any better???.....strange.....

How did you read what I wrote and not realize that I was talking about The View?

If my comment was about the pageant, then I would have linked to a video of the pageant. :/

How did you read what I wrote and not realize that I was talking about The View?

If my comment was about the pageant, then I would have linked to a video of the pageant. :/

I apologize.....At age 64, sometimes I may misunderstand what I read.....the older I get, the less perfect I am........

I like that we all lie to ourselves and think that that Miss America is more than just a T&A show.

Miss America should be either, a single mom with 3 kids who works two jobs to support herself or Rhonda Rousey.

Can someone please explain how it's scientifically/statistically possible for so much stupidity to exist in one place at one time?
They're hand-picked.

I didn't like her actual performance, but she certainly had guts coming out to do a monologue.

But what I'm tired of hearing is "This is what the pageant should be about!" No, the pageant should be about not existing at all anymore. Enough! Why do intelligence, dedication, scholarship have to be showcased while prancing around in evening gowns and bikinis? Eff that. If we really want to show respect for women like this, regardless of what she looks like, then how about, hmmm, equal pay?

I didn't like her actual performance, but she certainly had guts coming out to do a monologue.

But what I'm tired of hearing is "This is what the pageant should be about!" No, the pageant should be about not existing at all anymore. Enough! Why do intelligence, dedication, scholarship have to be showcased while prancing around in evening gowns and bikinis? Eff that. If we really want to show respect for women like this, regardless of what she looks like, then how about, hmmm, equal pay?

Well its like politicians, all the talented and intelligent people have real high paying jobs that don't allow them to run for office/do a pageant.

I don't understand The View. It's like insisting that women need their own take on current events, watered down with lip gloss and cheap wine. It always seemed really sexist to me.

When "The View" comes on, switch channels or turn it off.

I don't watch the pageant, I don't watch The View, and I don't watch the vapid little video clips that go viral when someone on a show like that says/does something incredibly stupid.
The only possible hope I see for us to ever get that kind of cr*p off TV is to not participate in viewing it. I'm only one person, and I realize that it makes zero difference whether I watch or not--but it makes a difference to me.

The sad thing is, this is the kind of stuff that passes for "news" now. I was watching my formerly favorite morning "news" show this morning and in a span of a few minutes, they discussed this, the new FB dislike button, and whether or not Vladimir Putin really did call Elton John.

Walter Cronkite would be SO proud. :soapbox:

I don't understand The View. It's like insisting that women need their own take on current events, watered down with lip gloss and cheap wine. It always seemed really sexist to me.

Catering to the lowest common denominator. If you use big fancy words people might get offended and change the channel and you'd lose advertising dollars!

People want big complicated issues condensed down into tweets. If it can't have a catchy slogan or a hashtag it will fail.

..they discussed this, the new FB dislike button, and whether or not Vladimir Putin really did call Elton John.
I don't watch that one, either.

(edit) The reason I know what you're talking about is because I watch about the first 30 seconds to a minute just to see what they consider their "lead story". Then I shake my head in helpless dismay and switch it off.

..they discussed this, the new FB dislike button, and whether or not Vladimir Putin really did call Elton John.
I don't watch that one, either.

Yeah, that's why I called it my "formerly favorite" morning news show. That show has been my morning TV fare since I was born, literally. My mother *always* had it on, so I grew up watching it.
But in the last few years, I really have become disgusted with what we call "news" these days and I find myself watching my morning show less and less often. I recently quit watching it at all for about two months, and I guess I'm going to have to just give it the permanent boot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back