they should make a fourm for these C&C

It hurts my eyes, to be honest... I don't know. Maybe I just don't do well with prints like that, I feel seasick now. :(

How is this any much different than Abstract photography??????????

I am not an abstract art lover, but I do like these. Keep it up, lets see some more. :mrgreen:

what ever floats your boat man.. i just wouldn't call that photography, even though i'm sure you spent a lot of time on them, they're diffidently original props for that..

I might can see these in big poster print form... pinned and scotched taped to the walls of college students apartments all across america

Im sure theyd be a decent fit in the "Just For Fun" portion of the forum.... unless you didnt have fun doing them of course.. haha.

What is wrong with creating something all abstract with - or even without - a photo as your basis and post it here?

I mean, if there's no photo as basis, there also is The_Creative_Corner where these would fit perfectly. Agreed, there is not much traffic there, but actually TPF has a forum for any kind of art you do beyond photography, for we acknowledge that people who like to be creative in the world of photography may very well be creative in other areas of life, too.

But er111a's not knowing that we do HAVE such a forum, and posting his creations here, in the beginners' gallery, does not mean you should all be uppity about it or making fun of him.

However, er111a, giving you any sort of critique/critisism is not possible either, other than saying: "VERY colourful, QUITE psychodelic", or "hurts my eyes" or "nice". It is too much a thing of its own, I think. But not bad. Does it take a lot of time?

the first one has a very zoom like effect which is what i thought you did and then saturated the devil out of what ever the object was.

Perhaps posting only two would be better as they are hard for the brain to review one after the other.

indeed each one took about 30-60 min to make then afterwords there is a few more touching up, I use lab mode a lot in these

You all need to chill a little i think....

1.)Personally I think most of the people are right so far. The thing I dont agree with is that its a pretty good abstract. The original shot was pretty good. It went way to far IMO.

2.)Your thinking outside of the box wich seems to tick off the conservitive photographers here on TPF. Most of them are extreamly knowlegable and infomative! Personally im all for it. All good artist think outside of the box ... dissagree if you like!

3.) It DOES look like a WMA Visualization! That takes creative thinking to do. Just need it to thump to the music!

uhmm.. they all seem similar. I guess theyre cool. but im really not sure what i am looking at.

I don't think any of these are good at all. The color is not pleasing -- it is an assault. Poor composition, poor design.

Just because it's abstract art doesn't mean it should be devoid of artistic principles. In fact, I think it becomes vital to have some sort of compositional tool -- line, shape, positive/negative space, color contrast, etc.

#1 Shrooms!?
#2 LSD?
#3 ecstasy?
#4 Bad trip from either 1, 2, or 3

:lol: comical

love the concept, how is it done? i've done something similiar using a filter but i'd like to know how to do it without the use of filters

Most reactions

Back