What's new

They're Among Us

calledthestig

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I got bored and couldn't sleep so I decided to take some more pictures.
Let me know what you think and some suggestions / comments / helpful hints.

1.
ToyStoryAliens_003.jpg


2.
ToyStoryAliens_002.jpg


3.
ToyStoryAliens_001.jpg
 
The Claw!!!!! :-) hehehe

The last one's my favourite. It's very comical.
Good control of depth of field in all of them.

But I would play around with the levels a bit more to make that background whiter. That is, if you're going for that product shot look.
 
Yea that is one thing I need to learn. I just got the camera two days ago so I am practicing with my arpeture and shutter speed and learning to shoot in manual.

At the same time I am trying to learn how to do some PP and make it look more appealing. It is a lot to learn! :D

Thanks for the compliments.
 
Number 3 is my favorite great job on depth of field. Just needs to be brighter.
 
Yeah, use levels on all of these. They're a bit dark.
 
Any good tutorials or suggestions on changing levels? Or just increase them until I see it get brighter?
 
The Stig is multitalented. Cars and photography. :)

I wish I drove half the cars he did, even just once.
Must be such a fun job.

And thank you for the compliment :D
 
for levels on these you'd want your midtones and light tones high and the dark tones low (default for dark).
 
for levels on these you'd want your midtones and light tones high and the dark tones low (default for dark).

So I am going to change these on that tonal curve?

Awesome -- thanks for the suggestion!
 
you change them on the levels window that comes up when you press command-L. just play with the little arrows below the levels map until you get a nice result
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom