Things are different around the world.... really

Actually about the tea, I have rather the same opinion as verbal but for different reasons. I've got this childish thing deep down in my memory... I was about 3 and I used to go to my grandma's place and I remember everytime she drank tea, she would pour like 5 topped spoons of sugar into it... plus she smoke so she had rotten teeth, eeew, trauma. So I stopped putting sugar in my tea. Now I just like it strong and bitter or with a lot of lemon... and that's even healthier.

As for the main topic, well, I don't get to see much things, but somehow I feel that the U.S. are kinda going backstage (at least here in quebec). I mean, we don't hear a lot about'em, no idea what's going on, nothing new against Bush... Feels like a breakdown. GUYS what's going on down there???
And one thing that didn't change and I think never will: ( I saw someone pointed out to the heating controlled by the state in Moscow) I was in moscow this past summer (cause i was born and grew up there) and the day after I arrived, the hot water was off for 4 weeks. As long as I remember my life in moscow, this kinda thing always happened... And that's not gonna end with Putin for sure ;)

I swear the meat wasnt cold... maybe slightly chilled but it looked like it sat there for awhile... kinda brown instead of red... and why are your refrigorators so small, the appartments we where in had like dorm room size coolers and we even went to a department store and couldnt find any larger ones... And whats with all the round abouts, one could be stuck in the middle of one of them for hours...

Ketchup = Tomato Sauce over here...

"Would you like McFries with that?" "Their not McFries...Their F*cking CHIPS"

If anyone out there wants to learn more about Aussie 'quirks' I suggest you get a copy of a film called 'The Castle'. :D

:lol:

Verbal said:
On the iced tea escapade, I CANNOT TOLERATE sweetened tea. Even my hot tea I HAVE to have unsweetened. If I want something hot and sweet I drink hot chocolate or a caramel machiatto. But tea for me is a mildly flavored, unsweetened drink. And green is the best!
I like my tea like I like my women. Strong and bitter. Wait, that's not right...
Yeah, unsweetened is the way to go!

df3photo said:
I swear the meat wasnt cold... maybe slightly chilled but it looked like it sat there for awhile... kinda brown instead of red... and why are your refrigorators so small, the appartments we where in had like dorm room size coolers and we even went to a department store and couldnt find any larger ones... And whats with all the round abouts, one could be stuck in the middle of one of them for hours...
Our domestic appliances are smaller for the simple reason that our doors are smaller. Why do you think our doors don't need to be as big as yours? hmm? :mrgreen: Clue: The answer is linked to the big fridges!

clarinetJWD said:
Oh, yeah. And let's not forget how the British say "Petrol, Bonnet, Boot, and Garage" when they mean to say "Gas, Hood, Trunk, and Gas Station" Silly British :greenpbl:

The colonies are getting uppity again. :lmao:

Rob said:
The colonies are getting uppity again. :lmao:
Yes. They forget that we had pavements when they were still hanging around Southampton waiting for the tide :lol:

(And here 'Mayflower' is a brand of matches - I think we've almost used up the last timbers from the boat...)

really? TopGear is my only peak into British High-culture :lol:

well, that's good.

Speaking of Top Gear, it just happens to be the greatest TV show EVER. I can't wait for next weeks episode: Bugatti Veyron. mmm...

And I have officially hijacked another thread :thumbsup: (I haven't done that in a while :lol: )

my food faves in wales (wonderful place BTW) the scones and those little flat waffle-like things filled with caramel - yum!! chowed so many of those! Tenby is a cool spot.

Not exactly quirky but hey :D How bout this one then - the road signs in Ireland that point in all directions except the right one(i'm talking the backroads here not the motorways ;) ) - *gah it's easy to get lost there:confused:

Condom vending machines on the streets in France...

Any vending machine in Tokyo (especially schoolgirl panties)...

Rob said:
Condom vending machines on the streets in France...

Any vending machine in Tokyo (especially schoolgirl panties)...
Don't they also have beer vending machines? If so, I'm moving. Unless it's Asahi. Then I'm staying.

Most reactions

Back