The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
​There are several kinds of posters I don't understand. That is, I can't understand what they must be thinking.

(When I use the pronoun 'he' I am not implying that the 'she's are innocent, I'm just simplifying the sentence structure.

1) The person who, on his first post, puts a link to his gallery with the hope or expectation that we would want to go there and buy some. Isn't this sort of like trying to sell meat to a butcher?

2) The person who, on his first post, puts a link to his gallery and invited us to come and 'enjoy' the experience. I often do that, you know, walk into an art gallery and shout to the crowd that they should come to my place for a better experience and they'll enjoy it there, implying of course that the current gallery semi-sucks and wouldn't be a good venue for my own work.

3) The person who, on his first post, wants to know who he can start selling his work to make some money. After all, he just bought this expensive camera with a neat 5-500 zoom lens and wants to recoup some of the cost.

4) The person who posts a picture and says something to the effect of 'this is sooc, I'm just way too busy to do anything with it and it sort of sucks but I want you to tell me what you think.' Without seeing the picture, I can tell him what I think.

Then there are those who firmly believe that this forum sprang into existence just moments and there are hundreds of people just anxiously waiting to answer his basic questions.

Or those who actually believe what their mommy told them about their talents and think that a little photo business doing sittings for $50, processing and cd included, is a good thing because otherwise they'd just be watching tv or at the mall.

And then there are people I really, really like. Like the people who mention they are new at this and then post startlingly good images for their experience - well composed, well processed, showing that this is a person with native feeling for the art. What a privilege it is to try and say something useful for this person. And running into a post like that makes all the rest of the time spent here really worthwhile.

In other words, if your a newbie, go someplace else. And if you have a stupid question, go someplace else. Only post here if you are a professional. :lol::lmao::lol:

In other words, if your a newbie, go someplace else. And if you have a stupid question, go someplace else. Only post here if you are a professional. :lol::lmao::lol:

No, if you are new here, read the forums before you post.
And try not to repeat the same irritating things that others have done but asking the same unanswerable questions about the same unknowable topics.

In other words be an intelligent visitor and not assume that we are your collective mommy here to help you with any issue as long as there's camera in the field of view somewhere.

I got a laugh. Hope I haven't fallen into that list too many times....

No, that's not the impression I got. Stick around you will understand ;)

BTW, my mom told me I was born to rock :D

No, if you are new here, read the forums before you post.
And try not to repeat the same irritating things that others have done but asking the same unanswerable questions about the same unknowable topics.

In other words be an intelligent visitor and not assume that we are your collective mommy here to help you with any issue as long as there's camera in the field of view somewhere.

Just pulling your chain Ma'am. But my Mom loves my photos and that is all that matters.

Most reactions

Back