Think I'm about to purchase a D90..questions...

You're right about the HC, I wasn't paying attention.
-tim
The one thing that is absolutely necessary if you want to make nice images is paying attention. :thumbup:

Thanks for the sound advice ;) I've never purchased an SD card before, always dealt with Sony memory sticks. That part of my question was rather silly in retrospect

-tim

I have a 16GB stick now for my sony p&s...I like it because I don't have to worry about how many photos I take along with videos as well. If I'm on a trip or a vacation I like to only have to worry about the one card that's in my camera. For example I went on a missioin trip to Haiti for 10 days in June and took a bunch of videos and thousands of pictures, and I just liked not having to worry about space.

-tim

The only thing I worry about with BIG cards is - if they go down you can lose a lot. I know there are recovery programs etc out there, but I'm less nervous if I take a few smaller cards instead.

So what about the speed of the card? When would I notice a difference?

-tim

Haha ok, well for half the price I can wait a few minutes then. If it was something that effected the camera's ability to take pictures then that'd be a different story.

-tim

That won't happen until you move up to a UDMA capable camera like the D300/D300s.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back