What's new

Think Tank Belt System

waynegz1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
1
Location
San Antonio, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone ever use this with/for weddings?

I am thinking of buying myself an early birthday present but my local shop doesn't sell Think Tank. :/
 
I heard the same thing, but every video I've seen with a review it seems like a promo video. I just wanted to get some honest feedback/testimonials before I commit to buying it.
 
I love Think Tank, I just bought a bag a Retrospective 30, its huge, very well built and just what I wanted. When I opened the bag there was some writing in very pale ink, I tweeted about it and they offered to replace the bag, I declined as its hardly noticeable. They are actually sending me some free stuff, to apologize!

There a great company and there products are brilliant!
 
I'd never use this system for a wedding. It's too industrial looking for such a formal occasion imo. I do however love my Digital Holster 60 for hiking and going places where lugging around a large Pelican hardshell case isn't practical. With my Digital Holster 60, I can carry my full size D2X body and the 80-200mm 2.8 with hood in the ready position. All I have to do is unzip it, turn on the camera and start shooting. Works great if you need speed and ease of use. Carrying a camera and lens that big though is a real PITA and very heavy. It takes the fun out of a long hike. Believe me. I feel sorry for guys that carry two bodies and lenses like this. But it still beats missing a great shot.
 
I love Think Tank, I just bought a bag a Retrospective 30, its huge, very well built and just what I wanted. When I opened the bag there was some writing in very pale ink, I tweeted about it and they offered to replace the bag, I declined as its hardly noticeable. They are actually sending me some free stuff, to apologize!

There a great company and there products are brilliant!

I too just ordered a Retrospective bag, but mine is the 20. I was linked to Think Tanks website through froknowsphoto.com and they are sending me a Cable Management 20 bag for free! I received a shipping confirmation within 5 minutes or so after placing the order.

I can't wait to make the swtich to the new bag!

I'd never use this system for a wedding. It's too industrial looking for such a formal occasion imo.

That was my thought as well, but I've seen some photos of wedding photogs with the belt system on and it doesn't look too bad. My lady is usually my assistant, but there are times she doesn't want to tag along. Which I think the belt system will come into play.
 
I too just ordered a Retrospective bag

That'll be great for a wedding, they look good enough that it wouldn't be a problem for the event. I bought it because when I go to NZ in March and Cameroon again this Summer I don't want to look like a I have a camera bag. Its the reason I ditched my low pro
 
Yeah. I had that same plan for when we go back to NYC. I have an engagement shoot soon, so I will be able to put this bag to work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom