Thinking of picking up a D70s

nickzou

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
for the electronic shutter. Seems like a neat feature that doesn't appear in its later incarnations. Thoughts? The body is pretty cheap now.

Maybe...I've heard it does have a tendency to overexpose, at least the D70 did.

Might want to look into a used D100.....mine seems to be working well.

I use a D70. Syncs 1/500 and higher with an AS-15 (apparently). The D70s has a sync terminal built-in yes? Read up on the compressed NEFs though. I was reading an article theorising how they may contain only about 9.5 bits of image..which is not good at all in terms of shadow range.

D1x syncs up to 1/16000 via a cord. Does the D100 also to 1/8000 or whatever the maximum s/speed, Paul?

Are you referring to flash sync?

I just bought it a few months ago and haven't really gotten into all the specifics yet.

Yes. I wanted/needed a stopgap camera when my other suddenly decided to quit on me. Opted for a used D70 b/c of the flash sync 1/500. Didn't realise till i got home it didn't have a sync terminal though :) No worries..get a AS-15 apparently that sits in the shoe. 1/500 is plenty for me, pretty much.

I really don't pay too much attention to flash sinc since I RARELY even use it........

Overall, I do like my used D100, figure it's a good body to take someplace and not worry about it being stolen or broken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back