Thinking of switching to Nikon...

If you leave now you can be here by Saturday LOL

So newtonville camera has a tamron 150-600 on hold for me, I'll be picking it up saturday morning at 10 right when they open. Maybe meet up somewhere on the coast after to look for some snowys? I cant wait to really test this camera out.

So I'll start off by saying I'm not really the type who feels the need to buy the latest and greatest gear everytime something exciting gets released. I picked up my 6D probably around 8 months ago, when I was pretty much only shooting landscapes and astrophotography, and it's been pretty good for that. After recently getting into wildlife (which I am loving) and getting hired by a local paper to cover events and assignment work, I am finding the AF system to be horrible. I've missed so many wildlife shots because the AF just can't track accurately or even lock onto subjects, even with great light (which I need with the tamron anyway). I know the 5d3 has a much better AF system, but the IQ doesn't seem much better than my 6D.

Nikon just seems to be killing Canon in the sensor department, with the shadow recovery, dynamic range, and high ISO capabilities looking amazing. I do think Canon will eventually respond, but at what price point? I guess I'm half thinking out loud, and half looking to see what everybody here thinks. I would lose some money selling off my current lenses (and where will I find a nikon mount tammy 150-600??), but the d750's are going for 2300 right now. Selling off my current gear, plus about $1200 in print sales this month, I'll have enough to grab a decent little set up.
You wont be sorry .. I have been with Nikon 45 years ..No Break downs and regrets ..Tip use the Nikkor lenses for Wildlife

Before you get all excited I would try different glass. The tamron is much slower than Canon glass. Secondly I would make sure that you have all your setting dialed in.

Lastly wildlife and sports take a lot of practice to get right. Even with a top of the line sports setup up lots of beginners would miss focus and shots.

Not with a D4S ..that nails focus BIG time and gets the shots everytime no question

Most reactions

New Topics

Back