this forum is................so amazing i just can't stop posting!!!... i love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jols

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i used to really like this forum but i have been logging on in the last few weeks and i must say i find it boring.

silly threads and banter

and the photos have gone well downhill,
and a few of the old posters seem to have dissapeared.

do they think the same as me?

i start to reply to some threads and then delete as i cant be bothered.

so whats going on here?

ha ha very funny.

Fun? Addictive? Inspiring? That's how I'd complete the question from your thread title.

Sometimes things slow down a bit in the dead of winter. Photo ops in cold/snowy locations are fewer, people go on vacation, etc etc.

[And btw, some of us quite enjoy the 'silly banter' threads. 'To each his own' and 'one size does not fit all', doncha know
beee.gif
]

I usually just check every couple days for interesting threads, or see if I can chime in and tell d40 owners about AF-S lenses (lol, jk).

Often times there is no reason to post, so I don't, but if I can help someone with a gear decision, or pass on a little nugget of wisdom that they might not have heard before than I will. I thought that was the joy of online forums, but maybe not.

maybe im just being a grump

maybe im just being a grump

that could be it! :lol:

I've been away for a while and the only thing I noticed is that it has grown so much. I can hardly keep up with all the posts. But that's a good thing, right?

pascal

i check everyday usually three or four times but nothing has interested me lately

I usually check almost daily, maybe just view, sometimes get involved with silly threads and banter, sometimes look for answers, sometimes comment on photos, sometimes post a photo. I don't know what it will be because there are so many variables. To me, that's a good thang.

It's quite common to go through phases. You think the forum is great and you have fun then it sort of pales.
You get to a stage where you just come on, post a few funnies, maybe look at a few pictures, then go and do something more interesting.
A bit like life really.

The forum is the same as its always been. You make it what it is.. if your not enjoying it ask yourself why.

The forum is the same as its always been. You make it what it is.. if your not enjoying it ask yourself why.

i explained why in my first post. did you not read it?

Are their a lot of snapshottish and amateur pictures? Yes. But there are still a lot of good shots showing up around here.

I like the silly threads and the banter, if you don't, why not just ignore them?

On another forum that I frequent this came up, a HUGE discussion as to whether to get rid of the Off Topic chat, which I was all for. Here it is much more controlled, on the other forum it was nothing more than religion and politics which takes away from the forums. Here I feel that it keeps the forums together, keeps it from being too serious.

well, yes i did. What i ment is... why blame the forum for your own problem. If you find it boring and you cant be bothered to post, then dont... we dont hold guns to peoples heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back